• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

78 Years Old and Never Ate a Vegetable in His Life

This was an interesting video to watch...

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/sports/2023/10/05/al-michaels-vegetables-wallace-wtcw-cprog-vpx.cnn

78-year-old famed sportscaster explains why he has never knowingly eaten a vegetable in his life

CNN's Chris Wallace asked legendary sportscaster Al Michaels about his vegetable aversion. Watch the full episode of "Who's Talking to Chris Wallace," streaming October 6th on Max.

I'll have to remember to look this up on Max tomorrow or over the weekend. He sure looks healthy for 78 😉

My mother would force down vegetables down your throat if you don't want to eat it. She will practically tell you that it's not in her house that you're going to get picky with food especially not with vegetables. This was why I got so used to vegetables growing up. 

Personally, I can't believe someone never eat any vegetables in 78 years of his life. How's that even possible? 

Bringing up "mother" is an interesting point. I can't think of many mothers in modern times, or even ones raising a child 80 years ago, who didn't start their child on mashed fruits and mashed vegetables as an introduction to solid food. But he did say he hasn't knowingly ate a vegetable. He could have been one of those picky kids and his mother would play short-order cook to him. My wife did the same with our boy, making him something different from the rest of us. Drove me crazy actually because I was raise where you weren't getting down from the table until you choked down everything on your plate.