• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

New carnivore needs help

Hi 🙂

I started my carnivore diet jurney 5 days ago.
Im asking from my butcher to make me ground beef.
I ask for 70/30 ratio.
He told me the meat is chuck roast and the fat he uses is box fat which I never heard before(can someone explain?), he said its coming from the beef belly, i have a picture of it that I attached.

1. Im wondering if its a good ground beef mix for the carnicore diet and if this type of fat is good.

2. Im 24yo, weight 63kg, 1.74cm and I eat about 750g ground beef a day with 4 eggs splited to 2 meals and make sure to eat the ground beef with all the juices and rendered fat.
I want to continue gain muslce but stay lean.
im working out almost everyday, is it enoguh food? I just cant eat more ground beef then that, my body rejects it after 750g~

3. Do I need to add anything else other than the ground beef, eggs, Himalayas pink salt and water?

4. Is 70/30 ratio good?

Would really appriciate your help🙏

IMG-20231026-WA0009.jpg

1 hour ago, Matan1262 said:

he said its coming from the beef belly

Any fat from any part of the cow is going to be universally the same. The beef belly fat will be just fine.

Ground Beef is 70/30 which is a blend of leftover beef trimmings.
Ground Chuck is 80/20 which is from the neck and shoulders.
Ground Round is 85/15 which is from the hind quarters.
Ground Sirloin is 90/10 which is from mid-pack. 

Your 70/30 is just fine.

It sounds like you are getting 2200 calories and 149g of protein per day and you weigh 139 lbs which sounds like you are really lean to me. Is this enough to build muscle? Probably. I think it depends on your other daily energy needs outside of working out. I am eating about the same but I am not working out a whole lot. I'm 47 and my goal is to lose weight.

As a general rule, eat when you're hungry, and eat until you are comfortably stuffed.

You could always add more eggs. Split your daily portions between 3 meals instead of two and bump up the portions. Add some salmon, bacon, etc to boost that protein and energy count.

9 minutes ago, Bob said:

Any fat from any part of the cow is going to be universally the same. The beef belly fat will be just fine.

Ground Beef is 70/30 which is a blend of leftover beef trimmings.
Ground Chuck is 80/20 which is from the neck and shoulders.
Ground Round is 85/15 which is from the hind quarters.
Ground Sirloin is 90/10 which is from mid-pack. 

Your 70/30 is just fine.

It sounds like you are getting 2200 calories and 149g of protein per day and you weigh 139 lbs which sounds like you are really lean to me. Is this enough to build muscle? Probably. I think it depends on your other daily energy needs outside of working out. I am eating about the same but I am not working out a whole lot. I'm 47 and my goal is to lose weight.

As a general rule, eat when you're hungry, and eat until you are comfortably stuffed.

You could always add more eggs. Split your daily portions between 3 meals instead of two and bump up the portions. Add some salmon, bacon, etc to boost that protein and energy count.

Thanks for the info.

Yes im lean but I have musle, I train almost 6 times a week, somw times twice a day, mostly calisthenics and climbing but I have occasional wheight workout, running and jump rope.

I am grinding the beef at the bucher shop, its not store bought ground beef. Today I believe I got much better quality so maybe it will help me eat more.

And I will try to add another meal during the day