Skip to content

Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Advice regarding cholesterol numbers

I have done keto/ carnovire before and it heals my gut issues. I am doing keto to feel better rather than lose weight. I have been on it this time round for two months. I have been eating eggs, beef, lamb, pork and a little cheese. I have however, also been eating a fair bit of heavy (extra thick double) cream. My recent blood work showed: (Non-fasting) cholesterol: 8.4 nmol/L; triglycerides 2.7 nmol/L; LDL 5.1 mmol/L;cholesterol/HDL ratio 4.0; Se non HDL cholesterol 6.3mmol/L. I am a female, 60 years old and I am 5’ 2" and weigh about 123 lbs. Should I be worried? I know I need to probably stop the cream. Advice and ways forward please.

  • Replies 3
  • Views 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • See if this video helps you understand your numbers a little better.

Featured Replies

So in American units that comes out to ,

Total cholesterol

8.4 mmol/L

≈ 325 mg/dL

Triglycerides

2.7 mmol/L

≈ 239 mg/dL

LDL cholesterol

5.1 mmol/L

≈ 197 mg/dL

Cholesterol/HDL ratio

4.0

4.0

Non-HDL cholesterol

6.3 mmol/L

≈ 244 mg/dL

The only number that looks out of wack is the triglycerides.

To know for sure I’d have to see what your HDL numbers are not the ratio.

The high LDL is not an issue in most cases but without being able to factor in the risk ratio of HDL to Triglycerides it’s hard to know for sure.

The formula is Tri<100 divided by Hdl >50 = <1.5

  • Author

Thanks Geezy. My HDL was 81 mg/dL (2.1 UK). I'm only two months in and my doc is happy to leave me and retest my fasting cholesterol in a while. I'm guessing my numbers might balance out given a little more time. I feel better. The inflammation is reduced, my gut issues are resolving, my joints feel better. I'll take that. I totally agree with Fung. I think the statin push is Big Pharma making money. Statins only make a 1% difference in real terms. They also increase risk of diabetes and certain cancers. The Fung is more up-to-date but I also watched this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYlhG8_nZe0

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Featured Content

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.