• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Hi Everyone, I've been on the Ketovore path for over a year now with great results.

It has been brought to my attention that my breath not good to put it nicely.

It goes without saying that I've taken all the steps needed prior to reaching out.
brushing,  flossing, drinking lots of water,  coconut oil pulling all twice a day and also flossing after meals but to no avail.
Its been going on for at least 2 months now,  I don't know if it was happening before because no one ever told me.
It is really embarrassing and I want to solve it.
Has anyone experienced this ?
Is there anything else you might be able to suggest ? 
I'm in a real pickle and random search on Google is not really helpful. 

I'd really appreciate your input on this. 
sincerely yours
Yami

Hi Everyone, I've been on the Ketovore path for over a year now with great results.
It has been brought to my attention that my breath not good to put it nicely.
It goes without saying that I've taken all the steps needed prior to reaching out. brushing,  flossing, drinking lots of water,  coconut oil pulling all twice a day and also flossing after meals but to no avail. Its been going on for at least 2 months now,  I don't know if it was happening before because no one ever told me. It is really embarrassing and I want to solve it. Has anyone experienced this ? Is there anything else you might be able to suggest ?  I'm in a real pickle and random search on Google is not really helpful.    I'd really appreciate your input on this.  sincerely yours Yami  
It sucks. Side effect of your body burning fat. I keep mouthwash in the car.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

This is usually a temporary problem, lasting only a few weeks until you are fat adapted. But you say you have been ketovore for over a year (which is AWESOME! btw). You could try 2 opposite approaches....

1) Slightly increase your carb intake, but not enough to completely kick you out of ketosis.

2) Tighten things up and go carnivore for a while. This is usually a problem in the beginning as you transition to a fat burner. Your body doesn't make efficient use of ketones and so they spill in your urine and your breath, but eventually this stops (which is why urine ketone test strips start showing lighter colors over time).

Other than that, keep up with the oral hygiene. Maybe keep some sugar free gum or breath mints around for when you might be speaking face to face with someone.