• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Keto Mexican/Taco Bowl

@cwise - if you like Mexican food, give this a try. Even my kids loved it and they are not very fond of cauliflower as a rice substitute.

The first part of this recipe is basically a Spanish rice recipe. You will need the following...

Cauliflower rice
Olive oil
Onion
Garlic

Tomato paste
Chili powder
Cumin
Salt

How to make Low Carb Mexican Cauliflower Rice...

1. Place a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Add the butter, garlic powder, and onion flakes and gently sauté for 3 minutes.
  2. Add the cauliflower rice, salt, and pepper and sauté for 3 minutes, until the cauliflower is beginning to soften.
  3. Add the tomato puree and stir well. Continue to cook for another 3-5 minutes until the cauliflower is cooked through.
  4. Take the pan off the heat and stir through the cilantro.

That's all there is to the rice. You might want to make the meat first and put it on simmer and then make this. If you make this first and have it simmer it may dry out.

The second part of this recipe is cooking either your beef or chicken with the appropriate mexican seasonings.

The third part of this is chopping up and gathering your toppings, such as sour cream, diced tomatoes or salsa, avacado or guacamole, shredded cheese, and whatever else you like in a taco salad or taco bowl.

Finally, add it all together, with the rice on the bottom, the meat in the middle, and the cold items on top. You can put sauces like sour cream or salsa inbetween layers or just one top, which ever you prefer.

Again, my family found this to be a stellar substitute for going out for Mexican food, and even the kids were satisfied.

Here is a picture (although not the greatest) of the last time I made it...

tacobowl.jpg.70bc9854e2e717881e80aa5dc4344ff8.jpg

That taco one looks really good.  I'll have to try it.

I did this one last week.  It came out really good. :classic_biggrin:

Pizza Casserole in a baking dish

Keto Pizza Casserole Recipe

Keto Pizza Casserole (Crustless Pizza) is a low carb pizza night alternative with common ingredients. Great for meal prep and the entire family. No Cauliflower.

Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 40 mins
Ready in: 45 mins

Servings: 

Calories: 436kcal
Recommended Equipment
Baking Pan 9×13
Ingredients
  • 2 lbs Italian Sausage, hot or mild, casing removed
  • 2 tbsp Olive Oil
  • 1 medium Yellow Onion, sliced thinly
  • 1 large bell pepper, I used red and green bell peppers, but you can use whatever you have on hand
  • 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, optional
  • 1/2 tsp Natural Ancient Sea Salt
  • 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
  • 5 oz Uncured Pepperoni
  • 2 cups Tomato Basil Sauce, use DrDavinahS for 10% off!
  • 3 cups Pizza Blend Cheese

Instructions

• Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
  • Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Brown the sausage meat, then set aside.
  • In the same pan that you browned the sausage meat, add the olive oil, vegetables, salt, and pepper. Saute the vegetables until translucent & tender.
  • Layer the casserole in a 9×13 baking pan. I made two layers with 1/2 sausage meat, 1 cup tomato sauce, 1/2 the vegetables, 1/2 the cheese, and 1/2 the pepperoni.
  • Bake in the oven until the top is browned and the cheese is fully melted (~15-20 minutes).

Nutrition Details

Calories: 436kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 1181mg | Potassium: 453mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 605IU | Vitamin 😄 23mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 1mg

• 7 months later...

The cauliflower Spanish "rice" was delicious and passed exceptionally well in lieu of the real thing. 

It's been almost a year since I have had this, since I've been hovering closer to carnivore end of the spectrum most of the time. My wife is sick of beef. I could probably surprise her with this, lol.