• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

I’ve noticed several newcomers to this lifestyle tend to get confused about what they can eat or get bored with just eating the same old thing over and over and then there’s some that just don’t have much imagination around food and in the kitchen.

Well this is a thread for everyone to post what they eat each day.

It doesn’t matter if it’s something you eat day in and day out or if it’s something that’s unique but still in the spectrum of carnivore, post it up. It may help inspire someone to stick with their diet plan and reach their goals by introducing something new to their diet.

So, What did you eat today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheesy egg muffin sliders with venison breakfast sausage.
690c47cc04a962c523bc7f19e08b1f6d.jpg
That wasn’t enough so I had a venison german sausage with cheese and then a small bowl of yogurt.
58b02eef1afcac0a18ae1f8649e0460d.jpg
Ok, now I’m satisfied.

Looks delicous!

I got hit with Covid yesterday. I did have eggs and sausage in the morning (a routine thing for me), and then later in the day I Door-Dash'ed a Wendy's Baconator with no bun, because I was too dizzy to stand up and do any cooking.

Today I am feeling better than yesterday

Tried making my own yogurt for the first time. I used heavy cream instead of milk a I like it. Very similar to Greek yogurt. My daughter said it tastes like sour cream but with more flavor. I’ll be making some more in the future but next time I want to use actual cultures instead of just using a store bought yogurt for the starter.

My next first thing to try was chaffles. Ok, I’m hooked. These thing are great. We went shopping yesterday for feed and groceries and I spotted this mini waffle iron for less than ten bucks so I picked one up just to try out chaffles.
So I made three different kinds today.
Egg & mozzarella. Excellent. I made a sandwich out of this one with some venison sausage with a little butter and Mayo.
Egg & cheddar. Very good. I made an egg sandwich out of this one and will definitely be doing this again.
Egg & parmigiana. Nope. Did not like this one at all so it’s off the future list.
d36554f962af66755e7c6591e74a4abc.jpg
28d4340910c52b78a6f2ba8bf87966bb.jpg

Ironically, my wife got out the waffle maker yesterday morning. It's usually buried, so I figured I would try to make a chaffle for the first time. I used 2 eggs and 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese to make the "batter" and it turned out great (I used a little seasoning in it since I was obviously not going to use any syrup, lol)....

chaffle.jpg

It was a little tricky to lift out of the maker. I had to use tongs and a flipper which is why the one end got crushed a bit. This is a larger waffle iron too. 

But I can see how this would make great bun substitutes for sandwhiches. I haven't had a sandwhich in 9 months, lol.

I wasn't really hungry very much tonight. So I just made a hamburger patty with cheese, bacon, pickles, and mustard.

image.thumb.png.f1e75b9c9ee77e69d2731007c06b131e.png

Here's the reason I added the mustard and pickles...

image.thumb.png.f13fd45d3812fc0cddd14b8a13a8bfa6.png

image.thumb.png.c4385eb4e9efb07ef95a0458858657e3.png

Needless to say, it filled me up. I'm sure I'll be hungry in the morning.

As a relaxed carnivore I’ll use mustard in limited quantities as long as long as it’s clean. Unfortunately my favorite brown mustard has sugar in it so it’s no off limits. That hard on this german.
The pickle, for me, is meh. Adds no nutritional value to my diet but it doesn’t look detrimental either.

Pickles are pretty harmless. I've actually heard good things about fermented and pickled foods. Once a month we go out to support my cousin's Open Mic Night. I will order a carnivore meal (burger patties with pepper jack cheese) and the the girls will get wraps. The wraps come with a pickle spear on the side which they will offer to me. Pickles are kinda like lettuce - you're basically eating water. 

This was yesterday's breakfast. A 4-egg omelet stuffed with Jimmy Dean pork sausage and cheddar cheese inside, and then sprinkled with parmesan cheese on the outside. It was delicious and ended up being my only real meal yesterday (around 2pm). I snacked on pork rinds later on.

omelette.jpg

Had a quick bite before going to a doctors appointment so it was two hard boiled eggs and chaffle bacon sandwich.
Then when I got home I had a three egg omelette with cheddar and some fat bombs from rendering down some fat trimmings. Then a small bowl of homemade yogurt.

7 hours ago, Angela Little said:

I had two scrambled eggs and spinach with a sausage, didn’t care for the sausage very much though. Only real meal, no appetite 

I'm a big fan of pork and beef sausages, especially breakfast sausages. But certain brands and certain sausages made from other meats can be a coin toss. 

You said in another topic you were going to start with carnivore-ish/ketovore so your breakfast here is spot on! 👍

I've only ate once a day over the last several days myself. A little intermittent fasting can be good for you too 🙂

On 12/10/2023 at 4:25 PM, Geezy said:

So I made three different kinds today.
Egg & mozzarella. Excellent. I made a sandwich out of this one with some venison sausage with a little butter and Mayo.
Egg & cheddar. Very good. I made an egg sandwich out of this one and will definitely be doing this again.
Egg & parmigiana. Nope. Did not like this one at all so it’s off the future list.

Are you using the same ratio of egg/cheese as Bob (2 eggs, 1 cup of cheese)?  My wife is suggesting to put a little gelatin in for an additional binder.