• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

11 hours ago, Orweller said:

I survived, had excellent lamb meat, they made extra for me. The only sinning I did was a few spinach leaves and some onion. But All the sweets were left standing. 

Awesome. If I am gonna cheat, I'm gonna cheat with keto (I've sworn off sugar, grains, and ultra-processed food, but I am not averse to some occasional plants). Good work! And great that they were accommodating for you.

9 hours ago, Angela Little said:

Geoff what is your chaffle recipe and how many different recipes do you, oh and sharing them please.

I know you are talking to Geoff but the basics are 1/4 cup of shredded cheese for every 1 egg.

From that starting point you can season it if desired or add a little almond flour for a more "bread" like texture. Of course, almond flour moves the recipe from being carnivore to being keto.

9 hours ago, Angela Little said:

I had eggs and although it was turkey, it was Jimmy Deans crumbles but only because that was all I had.

I am with it though, have to get some more meats tomorrow.

For me, the turkey sausage is alright if I am having it in an omelet or mixed up with other things. But I tried to buy the turkey sausage patties once and eat them straight and honestly I will probably only do that with pork sausage moving forward. The turkey sausage just didn't have the same great taste to me 🙂

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Awesome. If I am gonna cheat, I'm gonna cheat with keto (I've sworn off sugar, grains, and ultra-processed food, but I am not averse to some occasional plants). Good work! And great that they were accommodating for you.

I accommodated myself and they allowed me gracefully lol. 

Geoff what is your chaffle recipe and how many different recipes do you, oh and sharing them please.

Half cup of shredded cheese mixed with one egg. That will generally make two chaffles. I use a mini waffle maker (10 bucks at Wally World) and put approximately two tablespoons of the cheesy egg mixture in the waffle iron to make one chaffle.
Mozzarella is the most common cheese used and cheddar works well also but any cheese that melts well should work.
I shred my own cheese because I will not use the packaged, pre-shredded cheeses because they all contain plant matter and that’s no bueno.
I also use whole milk cheese and avoid anything made with skim milk.
A touch of garlic powder is tasty in the mix if you can tolerate it in your diet.
These are great with just butter on them or make a sandwich with them.
As far as sharing recipes goes, there are some threads that have some recipes that I’ve contributed to, but I wish the administrators would creat a forum just for recipes so it would be easier to find them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did you make the chicken?

It was just a whole roasted chicken from Wally World that I deboned and then I just drown it in butter.
Three reasons I load it down with butter is that first, I need to make it palatable to me. Since becoming carnivore, chicken just isn’t that tasty to me. I used to love fried chicken and once I swore off anything breaded and fried I realized that the only thing I liked about chicken was that fried crispy flour on the outside.
Second is that chicken doesn’t have a good omega 3 to omega 6 ratio (too much of the 6 and not enough 3) so I’m just trying to help balance it out better by adding some better animal fat to it.
Lastly, it just tastes better with butter…doesn’t everything?
In general, chicken is my last choice for protein.

8 hours ago, Geezy said:

I wish the administrators would creat a forum just for recipes so it would be easier to find them.

That was actually in the works back in September but it got pushed aside. I had started to create a section much like the Articles section for recipes, with the possibility of them auto-crossposting in a forum (like Articles and Downloads automatically crossposts to the Articles & Resources forum).

Then, a 3rd party dev showed me a Recipes plugin he created, which looks interesting.

And lastly, being a new community, I don't want to open too many forums right away. A bunch of forums with very few posts looks discouraging, so it's better to add forums as the need arises. 

So if we have the desire to share a bunch of recipes and organize them, then maybe it's time I wrap up the programming on that section and make it live. 

23 hours ago, Angela Little said:

I had eggs and although it was turkey, it was Jimmy Deans crumbles but only because that was all I had.

I am with it though, have to get some more meats tomorrow.

I enjoyed taking fried eggs and bread this morning. It is one of the meals that I take every morning when I am feeling a bit down on what I am expected to have done. So, I woke up and make the meal and it was delicious. 

1 hour ago, Bob said:

That's awesome! I've never been able to count my abs. Just my flab, lol 😄

I have tracked my calories without stressing about overeating. Just to see on how much calories I would feel satiated and comfortable. I also did not grow up with a highly toxic and fattening American standard diet. So for me I gather, it was easier to go back to baseline. I also did already eat pretty disciplined, some 6 years prior to this paradigm shift. 

So from already a superb fat percentage, I went even leaner, and feel lighter. Losing 5 pounds in 26 days with low bodyfat (15%) is so much harder than losing the same when overweight. It's the reason why I am so impressed, and I advise strongly to use Myfitnesspal or any other free app to at least track. Body weight is the first and foremost marker for heart disease and other ailments, even sleep apnea, skin condition, etc. 

I would've had the same result without the tracking, but it taught, even me, a lot about this new diet. I weight myself each morning, rather in fear of losing too much. So I am an advocate of tracking and weighing in every single morning. But not for the reason one might think, I am not striving for perfection. I just find the experience so much more educational, and in turn motivating.  

Edited by Orweller

I would also like to stress the importance of lifting heavy and slow. Diet will lose the weight, the muscles will keep it up, great calorie burners. Not to mention bone density, functionality into older age, and stability/posture. These things get overlooked sometimes. We can approach a healthy lifestyle from different angles. 

7 hours ago, Orweller said:

Losing 5 pounds in 26 days with low bodyfat (15%) is so much harder than losing the same when overweight.

I've lost 50 lbs and am down to my last 10. And boy are they not wanting to let go, lol. So I understand 🙂

7 hours ago, Orweller said:

I advise strongly to use Myfitnesspal or any other free app to at least track.

I like Carb Manager (and before that I used LoseIt). I get lazy about tracking after a while because my eating pattern and what I eat is pretty consistent from day to day, so it gets redundant, lol. 

2 hours ago, Bob said:

I've lost 50 lbs and am down to my last 10. And boy are they not wanting to let go, lol. So I understand 🙂

I like Carb Manager (and before that I used LoseIt). I get lazy about tracking after a while because my eating pattern and what I eat is pretty consistent from day to day, so it gets redundant, lol. 

Yes, it's boring to track. I mostly do it for about 30 to 45 days straight, and then I know enough to go from there. But I absolutely believe that anybody can achieve their ideal weight on this diet, or at least close to it. Especially when we not only track our calories, but our macros on top of that. 

On 12/26/2023 at 9:06 AM, Geezy said:

Half cup of shredded cheese mixed with one egg. That will generally make two chaffles. I use a mini waffle maker (10 bucks at Wally World) and put approximately two tablespoons of the cheesy egg mixture in the waffle iron to make one chaffle.
Mozzarella is the most common cheese used and cheddar works well also but any cheese that melts well should work.
I shred my own cheese because I will not use the packaged, pre-shredded cheeses because they all contain plant matter and that’s no bueno.
I also use whole milk cheese and avoid anything made with skim milk.
A touch of garlic powder is tasty in the mix if you can tolerate it in your diet.
These are great with just butter on them or make a sandwich with them.
As far as sharing recipes goes, there are some threads that have some recipes that I’ve contributed to, but I wish the administrators would creat a forum just for recipes so it would be easier to find them.

Thanks, I was shopping yesterday for cheese and I for some reason decided to read the ingredients and my the shredded cheese has added sugar and a lot of other things, I like simple but opted to buy a block and shred it myself.