• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

1 hour ago, MissLaceyD said:

have a peak at the electric lunch boxes... It does take longer than a microwave, but it seals in the steam better than a microwave. 

You're the second person to mention these, so I definitely will. We usually break around noon, and it would be easy to bring this thing in 30-60 minutes earlier and plug it in.

19 hours ago, Bob said:

I'm going to start cooking in bulk. I want to get a microwave for my work truck so I can reheat things that I make for dinner. Right now it's just cheese, pork rinds, and beef sticks, and it fills the hole and gets me to dinner time but it's getting redundant.

Talking about a game changer. You won't regret it. 

I made my first batch of chaffles using almond flour and coconut flour, using egg rings in a frying pan. They were ok, but not carnivore so I eventually got off my butt and turned the chicken breasts I’d bought into carnivore flour. It took a couple of hours, but was worth it because I made a lot and it’s staying like powder in the freezer so will last a long time.

For breakfast this morning I had some of the new and improved chaffles with butter, salmon and grated cheese.

Now I have a proper waffle maker ordered and will be making them in bulk for breakfasts from now on.

Do you get your slab bacon locally?

Yes. I can buy half slabs at our H‑E‑B stores that has the skin/rind already removed or I can go to one of several butcher shops around me and buy a whole slab and remove the skin myself. Every now and then I like to by the whole slab so I can make cracklins from the skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made my first batch of chaffles using almond flour and coconut flour, using egg rings in a frying pan. They were ok, but not carnivore so I eventually got off my butt and turned the chicken breasts I’d bought into carnivore flour. It took a couple of hours, but was worth it because I made a lot and it’s staying like powder in the freezer so will last a long time.
For breakfast this morning I had some of the new and improved chaffles with butter, salmon and grated cheese.
Now I have a proper waffle maker ordered and will be making them in bulk for breakfasts from now on.

I only use egg and cheese in mine.

5 hours ago, Geezy said:

Yes. I can buy half slabs at our H‑E‑B stores that has the skin/rind already removed or I can go to one of several butcher shops around me and buy a whole slab and remove the skin myself. Every now and then I like to by the whole slab so I can make cracklins from the skin.

Nice.

I just found out I can get a pork belly slab in cryovac at the Commissary for less than $2 a pound. I don't know if that's a good price or not, but right now it's the only price that I know of. 

17 hours ago, Jen said:

I eventually got off my butt and turned the chicken breasts I’d bought into carnivore flour,,, new and improved chaffle

That's something else I will have to try. I think Carnivore Crisps makes carnivore flour, but it seemed a bit steep and pricey. 

When I was keto I had found a way to make a 'fathead's pizza crust' using almond flour, eggs, and shredded cheese. It was a perfect substitution for regular pizza crust unlike the cauliflower or zucchini crust options. I've made a pizza crust with ground chicken too but it was just okay - but my chicken was not a powder/flour consistency. Now I am curious if that would make the difference.

Some foods I never tire of or can lean on pretty consistently without issue… scrambled eggs and lots of butter and grilled bone in skin on chicken - I love salty crispy chicken skin!

my life is so much easier eating this way, for my lunch I just packed these up in a stainless steel container and cook at work (I am a professional childcare provider) since I have access to the kitchen. I pop these into the toaster oven and by the time I have a toddler asleep they are ready for me to eat. Not to mention this is very affordable. I buy big packs and portion into 4-5 pieces to reseal and freeze. Since it is not nearly enough fat, I do make sure to eat more butter with chicken - I do still log food to make sure I eat enough in general but also aim for around 70%fat 30%protein as I feel best at this range.

Anyone else love chicken?! 

IMG_4777.jpeg

11 minutes ago, MissLaceyD said:

Anyone else love chicken?

I like chicken. Last night I had 10 wings/legs from a local pizza place with regular hot buffalo sauce. We were at a friends house playing cards and suddenly they all wanted a pizza, so i had to figure out what I could eat, lol. This was as carnivore as I could stay in the moment. 

I have no idea what was in the sauce, and I'm willing to bet that they were deep fried in seed oils, but it is what it is and this is a rare situation for me so I don't fret about it.

When I make chicken at home, there is usually bacon to go along with it so I get some fat in.

Anyone else love chicken?! 

Not so much anymore. I found, after becoming carnivore, that I really didn’t care for chicken that much. In the past I always ate fried chicken and yes, I loved it but I realize that it wasn’t the chicken I loved but the deep fried flour and skin. I will eat some roast chicken but I’ve got to drown it in butter to make it palatable to me. That includes turkey also. In my food pyramid chicken is the at the very tip of the pyramid.

16 hours ago, Geezy said:

How about some carnivore nachos.
Pork rinds, chorizo and cheese.

Does the pork rinds stay crunchy under the toppings?

And is that just shredded cheese? Do you do anything special to melt it?

Does the pork rinds stay crunchy under the toppings?
And is that just shredded cheese? Do you do anything special to melt it?

Some of the rinds get soft, kinda chewy, which I like and some retain some crunch. I layer some meat, in this case chorizo, then cover in shredded cheddar. I grate my own I done use that pre shredded junk. To melt it I just nuke it in the microwave. I didn’t show it here but a little sour cream is good with them also.

Speaking of burgers. I made 3 patties out of a pound of Wagyu beef that I picked up from Sam's. Wagyu is a breed of cattle, and it's known for being very marbled and therefore super tender. These burgers were extremely high in fat content. I would guess they were 70/30.

Anyway, I pattied them up and fried them in a pan, searing both sides and then melted some American cheese over top. And I swear to you these were the most juicy, best tasting burgers I have ever had.

Usually I buy the 85/15 grass fed beef (for tacos and other stuff). But I will be making all my burgers moving forward with these Wyagu packs as for as long as Sam's keeps selling them.