• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Looking good!
I need to diversify. While the wife and I were eating the remaining NY Strips from the pack we got at Sam's Club, I made the comment that I heard it said that most humans eat the same breakfast and the same thing for lunch every day, and only mix things up with dinner. She looks right at me and says "Except you" lol :lol1:

One thing that always baffles me is when someone that’s been eating carnivore says it’s boring just eating meat all of the time.
All I can say is that they are only limited by their imagination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every morning I scramble 6 eggs with 3+ tbsps of butter so it’s nice and creamy. I never get tired on it, ever! For lunch I usually pan fry some bone in skin on chicken thighs (2-3 medium sized pieces) and then I will eat some medium rare Tri tip, my favorite cut of beef! I avoid dairy (besides butter) as I would definitely over consume it, eating this way has made me very aware of the food addiction behavior I previously never knew I had! And I came from eating Weston A Price, which leans heavily towards animal based , fermented foods, raw dairy, and cooked vegetables… still too many carbohydrates for me.

if I need snacks (only if I don’t eat enough fat typically), I’ll eat a couple chomp sticks, smoked salmon with crispy bacon, or buttery shrimp.

On 1/3/2024 at 5:34 PM, Geezy said:

Yes I said jalapeño’s.

I eat them mostly with my egg-based breakfasts. Since the labe on the jar says 0 carbs and 0 sugars, I figure I'm okay. And, they taste good!

5 hours ago, Geezy said:

One thing that always baffles me is when someone that’s been eating carnivore says it’s boring just eating meat all of the time.
All I can say is that they are only limited by their imagination.

Geezy share some ideas with your friends, I can’t find a whole lot to mix up myself.

9 hours ago, MissLaceyD said:

this way has made me very aware of the food addiction behavior I previously never knew I had

True that! Same here. 

I would eat a junk breakfast. I kept nuts in the truck and snacked on them at work. Fast food on the lunch break. Went out to eat half the time for dinner with the family. Snacked on flavored tortilla chips and salsa every night before bed, and sucked down a few tasty adult beverages as well. Now that I have been doing this for the last 8 months and am educated (and still learning) I look back and it's no wonder I was obese with deteriorating health.

An eye-opener indeed.

Welcome aboard @MissLaceyD. Only your first post gets caught in the queue. Thank you for your patience.

Every morning I scramble 6 eggs with 3+ tbsps of butter so it’s nice and creamy. I never get tired on it, ever! For lunch I usually pan fry some bone in skin on chicken thighs (2-3 medium sized pieces) and then I will eat some medium rare Tri tip, my favorite cut of beef! I avoid dairy (besides butter) as I would definitely over consume it, eating this way has made me very aware of the food addiction behavior I previously never knew I had! And I came from eating Weston A Price, which leans heavily towards animal based , fermented foods, raw dairy, and cooked vegetables… still too many carbohydrates for me.
if I need snacks (only if I don’t eat enough fat typically), I’ll eat a couple chomp sticks, smoked salmon with crispy bacon, or buttery shrimp.

You are spot on MissLaceyD.
Welcome to our tribe.

9 hours ago, Angela Little said:

Geezy share some ideas with your friends, I can’t find a whole lot to mix up myself.

If you need meal ideas and clever ways to make your food, this is one of the many influencers on YouTube. If I'm not mistaken, she's been on the carnivore diet for 5 years or so.
https://www.youtube.com/@LauraSpath

I eat them mostly with my egg-based breakfasts. Since the labe on the jar says 0 carbs and 0 sugars, I figure I'm okay. And, they taste good!

I’m at a point where I’m introducing foods into my diet for seasoning to see how my body reacts. I was curious about jalapeño’s because I love them and hot peppers but being in the nightshade family I didn’t know how it would turn out.
About a month ago my wife wanted some chili so I fixed her some and thought I’d try a little too. I was hurting (inflammation) for the next three days. I think it was the tomato’s. So far I’m feeling no I’ll affects from the peppers so I may be good to go.

17 hours ago, MissLaceyD said:

I'm gonna do this egg and butter thing, so simple yet I didn't think of it. Carnivore forces one to get creative because all the food you eat is prepared in the kitchen. Normally that would be a pop tart on the way out. 

all the food you eat is prepared in the kitchen. Normally that would be a pop tart on the way out. 

True but that food can be easily prepared in bulk ahead of time so you can just grab and go.

Three over easy eggs on a bed of rendered out fat pieces. When I make tallow I save the rendered out fat pieces for just this sort of thing.
Because this is such a fat heavy meal I won’t get hungry for at least 20 hours.
3144ec7de503f0d83f251a9adb91a83c.jpg

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

True but that food can be easily prepared in bulk ahead of time so you can just grab and go.

Agreed. But I am a moron when it comes to cooking. I have spend more time in the kitchen than ever. But you know what? I don't mind it. It feels better, more satisfying to prepare your own food. And I do meal prepping, but then I leave a mess that goes with it haha. I am going to learn how to grill when the summer comes. Don't have that Texas blood in me, nor American for that matter lol. 

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

Three over easy eggs on a bed of rendered out fat pieces. When I make tallow I save the rendered out fat pieces for just this sort of thing.
Because this is such a fat heavy meal I won’t get hungry for at least 20 hours.
3144ec7de503f0d83f251a9adb91a83c.jpg

Oh! That looks good!

Oh! That looks good!

It was delicious to the point of being decadent but I’m paying the price now for going too fat heavy.
Oh well , better than the other end of that spectrum.

I'm going to start cooking in bulk. I want to get a microwave for my work truck so I can reheat things that I make for dinner. Right now it's just cheese, pork rinds, and beef sticks, and it fills the hole and gets me to dinner time but it's getting redundant.

3 hours ago, Bob said:

I want to get a microwave for my work truck so I can reheat things that I make for dinner.

In case you are looking - have a peak at the electric lunch boxes! I bought one on Amazon and it has saved me from a long line of employees competing for the single toaster oven. They come with both a standard electric and 12v cable. Usually takes me about 15-20 minutes to reheat, so I plug in before lunch break and it’s nice and hot by the time I eat. It does take longer than a microwave, but it seals in the steam better than a microwave. 

3 hours ago, Bob said:

I'm going to start cooking in bulk. I want to get a microwave for my work truck so I can reheat things that I make for dinner. Right now it's just cheese, pork rinds, and beef sticks, and it fills the hole and gets me to dinner time but it's getting redundant.

Funny you said that. I just finished grilling 2 ribeye steaks, 4 bacon-wrapped pork loins, 16 hamburger patties, and on the pellet grill made a bunch of burnt-end pork belly bites.

image.png.27c2ce819bf592a0b3e0e8f3f76bf015.png

image.thumb.png.a3225d100383462faaee8042830e8318.png

image.thumb.png.c03ebbe9af1bbe437154e8041ec89bc6.png

The pork belly bites were really simple to make. I purchased some raw pork belly, cut it into 1" cubes. The I generously coated them all with Butt Rub. (You could use whatever rub you like or are used to).

image.thumb.png.6095fc35a210c3b354369026dc4da664.png

image.thumb.png.6e15468b7d2a63ec920052331d3bc53c.png

I pre-heated the pellet grill to 250 f and left the bites in for 2 hours. The recipe didn't offer an internal temperature goal, so at the end of 2 hours, I checked the temp and they were all around 200 f internal.

Man! They are good. Juicy, very tender, almost melt in your mouth tender.

I imagine if you didn't have a pellet grill, you could just bake them in your oven for 2 hours (make sure you have a drip pan).

28 minutes ago, MissLaceyD said:

In case you are looking - have a peak at the electric lunch boxes! I bought one on Amazon and it has saved me from a long line of employees competing for the single toaster oven. They come with both a standard electric and 12v cable. Usually takes me about 15-20 minutes to reheat, so I plug in before lunch break and it’s nice and hot by the time I eat. It does take longer than a microwave, but it seals in the steam better than a microwave. 

That may be healthier than a microwave.