• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Carnivore soft tacos, using the Egg Life wraps....
(add sour cream, lettuce, salsa, or jalapenos and it's still keto with zero grains for the win!)
carnivoreTacos.thumb.jpg.f99c01928e29ff6839545c6c705a11a5.jpg

I found a store in my area that carries those wraps so I’m going to get some tomorrow so I can make some breakfast tacos out of the venison chorizo and eggs I made today.
9664a9ffb9de94725d1352c16d3ceeb1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Geezy said:

Yeah sweetie you don’t want to use any MW, it’s full of sugar and seed oils.
So, you might try making your own.
Check out this video from Chris Cooking Nashville. He shows you how to make Mayo from butter.

Yes, I know, I have seen a few recipes and was going to try one but thanks I will check it out.

Edited by Bob
Placed Angela's comment outside of the Quote box

I watched and it seems easy enough but Geezy have you made it?  What is the difference between Allulose and Stevia because I use Stevia at present.

I have not made it yet. I’ve made my own mayo using duck fat but not butter. The problem with using animal fats for Mayo is that if you don’t use it up when you first make it and then have to refrigerate it then it solidifies. The way Chris does his it stays spreadable.
Allulose is another another sweetener that’s supposedly natural and non caloric but I don’t know if it causes an insulin spike or not.

On 12/26/2023 at 6:49 PM, Bob said:

That was actually in the works back in September but it got pushed aside. I had started to create a section much like the Articles section for recipes, with the possibility of them auto-crossposting in a forum (like Articles and Downloads automatically crossposts to the Articles & Resources forum).

Then, a 3rd party dev showed me a Recipes plugin he created, which looks interesting.

And lastly, being a new community, I don't want to open too many forums right away. A bunch of forums with very few posts looks discouraging, so it's better to add forums as the need arises. 

So if we have the desire to share a bunch of recipes and organize them, then maybe it's time I wrap up the programming on that section and make it live. 

image.png.7196a373c07658fe17fd0f6d2e60df46.png

6 hours ago, Geezy said:

I have not made it yet. I’ve made my own mayo using duck fat but not butter. The problem with using animal fats for Mayo is that if you don’t use it up when you first make it and then have to refrigerate it then it solidifies. The way Chris does his it stays spreadable.
Allulose is another another sweetener that’s supposedly natural and non caloric but I don’t know if it causes an insulin spike or not.

I am sure they both can cause an insulin raise, spike? depends on whether you have insulin resistance, etc. Stevia does have more flavor, is also sweeter, and is actually carb free, while allulose not entirely. I see no harm in either, in small amounts. 

8 hours ago, Geezy said:

I have to look into allulose more, but from what I understand it isn't digestible. It's molecularly different from regular sugar so it passes right through you without being metabolize, kinda like most fibers do.

Insulin spike is another thing altogether though. Some non-caloric non-nutritive sweeteners, whether artificial or natural, will still trigger a cephalic phase insulin response in certain individuals. Just the taste of something sweet gets the pancreas all excited, lol.

In fact, for some people, even the sight or smell of something sweet can do the same. Some people joke that they can just look at a piece of chocolate cake and gain weight. There's actually a smidgeon of truth to that.

I have to look into allulose more, but from what I understand it isn't digestible. It's molecularly different from regular sugar so it passes right through you without being metabolize, kinda like most fibers do.

So I wonder if it’s safer to use for those who want that sweet taste?
I see a lot of keto/carnivore recipes that use it and I’m always leery of things that are sweet.

8 minutes ago, Geezy said:

So I wonder if it’s safer to use for those who want that sweet taste?
I see a lot of keto/carnivore recipes that use it and I’m always leery of things that are sweet.

Possible. Here's some interesting comments from a site I do trust....

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto/sweeteners#allulose

It seems to be harmless unless you overconsume it and then it might cause some gastrointestinal stress. 

2 hours ago, Bob said:

Possible. Here's some interesting comments from a site I do trust....

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto/sweeteners#allulose

It seems to be harmless unless you overconsume it and then it might cause some gastrointestinal stress. 

I'll stick with stevia, since it is actually cheaper and you can actually taste it. All the other natural sweeteners were expensive, and quite frankly, you couldn't really taste them. It's only for my coffee that I use it. 1 packet of stevia per cup, dash of salt, tbsp of butter, and tbsp of heavy cream. Heaven in a cup I tell ya!

Venison chorizo & egg tacos. The tortilla is actually an Egglife Wrap. Makes a pretty decent tortilla.
Topped with cheddar cheese, Tabasco sauce and jalapeño’s.
Yes I said jalapeño’s. This is going to be an experiment. I love hot peppers. The hotter the better. I haven’t had any since starting this WOE and since carnivore is an elimination diet and I’m at a comfortable weight where I can start introducing things back in. If these don’t cause me any issues over the next 3-5 days then I think I’m good. If not then they’ll be out of my life forever…or till the next experiment.
a452777b234779c9ee1d6a116b8a0ff7.jpg

I can still do jalepenos in small doses like you have on your tacos and I will be fine.

However, last night had to be somewhere and didn't have time to cook dinner. When I returned home, I didn't feel like cooking nor eating a giant steak. I had these bacon wrapped jalapeno popper things (not breaded) from Sam's Club that simply needed to bake, so I figured I would make them. 

I laid in bed listening to my stomach make funny noises, and this morning my bowels were pure liquid. I'm gonna have to eat them again to confirm it's related.

Small amount to enhance my dish is just fine. Several peppers as my main dish might be overdoing it.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

I can still do jalepenos in small doses like you have on your tacos and I will be fine.

However, last night had to be somewhere and didn't have time to cook dinner. When I returned home, I didn't feel like cooking nor eating a giant steak. I had these bacon wrapped jalapeno popper things (not breaded) from Sam's Club that simply needed to bake, so I figured I would make them. 

I laid in bed listening to my stomach make funny noises, and this morning my bowels were pure liquid. I'm gonna have to eat them again to confirm it's related.

Small amount to enhance my dish is just fine. Several peppers as my main dish might be overdoing it.

A good source for potassium, but maybe high in oxolates?  

11 hours ago, Orweller said:

A good source for potassium, but maybe high in oxolates?  

Other peppers are low in oxalates, so I'm not sure. However, nightshades (which includes hot peppers) contain lectins, and lectins are associated with leaky gut and the subsequent worsening of autoimmune symptoms.

3 hours ago, Bob said:

Other peppers are low in oxalates, so I'm not sure. However, nightshades (which includes hot peppers) contain lectins, and lectins are associated with leaky gut and the subsequent worsening of autoimmune symptoms.

Moderation it is then. My wife made me a keto soup with several greens in it. I couldn't refuse because it was a token of support. And though delicious, a fatty and meaty soup, the bloat and gas came back in the morning. I felt a clear response, even though it was low carb. 

Edited by Orweller

Looking good!

I need to diversify. While the wife and I were eating the remaining NY Strips from the pack we got at Sam's Club, I made the comment that I heard it said that most humans eat the same breakfast and the same thing for lunch every day, and only mix things up with dinner. She looks right at me and says "Except you" lol :lol1: