• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

I meant to eat this last night for supper. It had marinated almost 4 hours when I had to leave the house. Got back close to midnight and I wasn't going to grill it then. So it waited until breakfast and had a marinate time of about 19 hours.

You're looking at a nice skirt steak.

20231230_085527.thumb.jpg.554cf98279003bcee295783b4278da46.jpg

20231230_091354.thumb.jpg.c0fa0e4afa6dbfc8467285cf09a01066.jpg

Oh! It was good!

Eggs fried in butter and bacon fat, a slice of cheese melted, halved the slice, bacon and a piece of sausage.

On 12/29/2023 at 7:32 PM, Geezy said:

I like to cook a few extra so I just keep them in the fridge. They don’t last more than a few days before they get eaten. When I warm them up I put them in the toaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t know you could freeze them 

Last night we went out for a seafood boil. I had a lobster tail, snow crab legs, and shrimp. For an appetizer, I had 6 raw oysters. It was an Omega-3 night, lol.

They bring it out in a plastic bag so it wasn't very photogenic or else I would have snapped a pic.

I hope you share some more information about that carnivore ice cream.

No problem. This was my first attempt and it wasn’t too bad but really kind of plain without some kind of sweetener. When it was fresh out of the ice cream maker it was the texture of soft serve. It was too much to eat in one sitting so I but the rest in the freezer. The next day it was rock hard and I couldn’t get it out of the container until I put it in the fridge for half a day to soften up.
When eating it it leaves a coating in the mouth that some may not care for. I think it’s the cold fat from the cream.
I’ve got some experimenting to do and try different recipes to get this better.
My next batch, instead of just using one beaten egg, I’ll be using five egg yolks separated, hopefully to get a more custard texture.
Anyways, here’s the recipe.
Kiltz’s Carni Ice Cream Recipe

Ingredients
• 1 Pint of High-quality heavy cream (preferably grass-fed and locally sources)
• 1 egg or 5 egg yolks (pasture raised is best)
• optional: 1 Vanilla Bean (or vanilla extract)
• optional: salt to taste – start with 1-3 pinches (1/16 to 1/4 tsp) of sea/Himalayan salt

Instructions
• combine the egg, salt, and optionally vanilla by whisking them together in a large bowl
• combine and whisk the heavy cream into the egg, salt, sugar, and vanilla mixture
• pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and follow instructions for your individual ice cream machine

This was something I made for lunch yesterday. It's basically a fried bologna sandwich, but I used Egg Life wraps (made with egg whites) for the "bread". Bologna was cut 1/4" thick and I melted gouda cheese on one and sharp cheddar on the other. Pure carnivore goodness, minus perhaps just a smidge of taint in the processed bologna I got from the deli.

friedBologna1.jpgfriedBologna2.jpg

This was something I made for lunch yesterday. It's basically a fried bologna sandwich, but I used Egg Life wraps (made with egg whites) for the "bread". Bologna was cut 1/4" thick and I melted gouda cheese on one and sharp cheddar on the other. Pure carnivore goodness, minus perhaps just a smidge of taint in the processed bologna I got from the deli.
friedBologna1.thumb.jpg.d27c8f6be3926f2f5d1f11cf5512565c.jpgfriedBologna2.thumb.jpg.20d6f8eeaa1d94bdccde200f4446278e.jpg

Oh man that looks good. I gotta find me some of those wraps.

Lamb chop and eggs for me today.
21a5960a1ce6ba0021425bd62f7f0d0a.jpg

2 hours ago, Bob said:

friedBologna1.jpgfriedBologna2.jpg

That looks good.

It probably doesn't look the greatest, but it tasted good.

image.thumb.png.bbcda9cb48bcbc6d22c162731a5ff80c.png

It's basically 2 cans of tuna, avocado mayo, shredded and smoked cheddar cheese, sliced jalapenos and green olives all mixed together. 

It probably doesn't look the greatest, but it tasted good.
image.thumb.png.bbcda9cb48bcbc6d22c162731a5ff80c.png
It's basically 2 cans of tuna, avocado mayo, shredded and smoked cheddar cheese, sliced jalapenos and green olives all mixed together. 

Since you are into smoking meats you might apply that same recipe to some smoked salmon, ahi tuna or trout. I bet it would be fantastic and you’d never buy that canned stuff again.

I made 2 chaffles, 2 fried eggs and bacon, could only eat 1 chaffle and 1 egg 2 pieces of bacon, so what I did not eat I will snack on if I get hungry.  

Geezy, your tuna sounds good and I have been wanting some but I only have my miracle whip on hand and I cannot at this time buy any avocado mayo.

but I only have my miracle whip on hand and I cannot at this time buy any avocado mayo.

Yeah sweetie you don’t want to use any MW, it’s full of sugar and seed oils.
So, you might try making your own.
Check out this video from Chris Cooking Nashville. He shows you how to make Mayo from butter.