• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Thanks, I was shopping yesterday for cheese and I for some reason decided to read the ingredients and my the shredded cheese has added sugar and a lot of other things, I like simple but opted to buy a block and shred it myself.

Yes ma’am, you are correct. The main issue I had with pre shredded cheese is that it has cellulose or some other kind of fiber in it that I just don’t need. Yeah it a little bit more effort to hand shred my cheese but my health is worth it.
I’m glad to see you are reading the ingredient labels. Those can be a real eye opener and show you how much crap the food industry has been feeding us just so they can make more profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those chaffles look delicious, I might have to buy a waffle maker soon. But my ninja foodie grill arrived today so I’m gonna have to get bored with that first.

Today I had a wagyu beef hamburger and scrambled eggs for breakfast. For dinner I just ate my first attempt at grilled chicken on the new grill and some slow cooked lamb, which was amazing. The grilling needs more experimenting, chicken was a bit dry.

11 hours ago, Angela Little said:

Thanks, I was shopping yesterday for cheese and I for some reason decided to read the ingredients and my the shredded cheese has added sugar and a lot of other things, I like simple but opted to buy a block and shred it myself.

It's also cheaper! 

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Amazing!

Oh! It was. It was the first one I ever cooked (smoked) let alone ever ate. It was so tender, it almost melted in my mouth.

I went to YT to find the way to smoke it and I used this recipe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0oy3feq-kU&t=414s

You never know how a recipe will turn out until you taste it. I scored bigtime with this one. I didn't do the glaze, though.

16 hours ago, Jen said:

The grilling needs more experimenting, chicken was a bit dry.

If it was a chicken breast, those are definitely drier than the dark meat. You have to cook it until there is no raw in the middle and then pull it immediately. Keep it on too long and it dries out.

1 hour ago, Steven2023 said:

That there is a bacon-wrapped, smoked venison backstrap tenderloin.

Oh wow does that look fantastic!

Oh! It was. It was the first one I ever cooked (smoked) let alone ever ate. It was so tender, it almost melted in my mouth.
I went to YT to find the way to smoke it and I used this recipe:

You never know how a recipe will turn out until you taste it. I scored bigtime with this one. I didn't do the glaze, though.

Thanks for that link. I have plenty of backstrap to try that on.

3 hours ago, Angela Little said:

Nothing yet, I have some ground beef, eggs and bacon, any suggestions on what to do differently with them?

You could do a no-bun burger, with a patty on the bottom, topped with bacon, and an over-easy egg on top. The beef pattie can be used to wipe up the valuable yolk as it runs after breaking into it. Add some salt, seasoning, or cheese to taste.

Alternatively, you could make a "power bowl". Cook your bacon and break it into smaller pieces ahead of time. Chop up the ground beef like you were going to make tacos. Don't drain the beef fat but add the bacon and some eggs into the mix and start stirring it around so everything gets mixed together. Salt and season or cheese to taste.

Wrap any of the above in a large lettuce leaf and you will still be keto. Then you might be able to pick it up with your hands and add a little avacado mayo. 

1 hour ago, Jen said:

These are on my to-do list now. Has anyone batch cooked these and stored them for later. I’m thinking fridge or freezer?  Any suggestions?

I personally haven't... yet. But I have only just recently started making and using chaffles. A quick web search though says they can be stored in the fridge up to 5 days, and can be frozen as well...

https://www.bing.com/search?q=refridgerate+or+freeze+chaffles

These are on my to-do list now. Has anyone batch cooked these and stored them for later. I’m thinking fridge or freezer?  Any suggestions?

I like to cook a few extra so I just keep them in the fridge. They don’t last more than a few days before they get eaten. When I warm them up I put them in the toaster.