• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Hello Geezy, I see that you are in Weatherford, not that I know where it is but I am in dallas

Hi Angela, love hearing from a fellow Texan.
Weatherford is 30 miles due west of Ft. Worth. By Texas miles that makes us neighbors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you using the same ratio of egg/cheese as Bob (2 eggs, 1 cup of cheese)?  My wife is suggesting to put a little gelatin in for an additional binder.

Yes, that’s the ratio. It’s perfect as it is so I don’t believe it needs any kind of binder.
I have seen recipes that call for some almond flour to give it more of a bread like texture or flavor and it would probably be good but it wouldn’t be carnivore.

Last night was a NY Strip. I bought some Ghee for the first time and have been trying it out for my pan frying.

And so far today I just polished off a 4-egg omelet cooked in a pan greased with Ghee, with leftover taco meat from the other night, with some cheddar cheese and sour cream.

3 hours ago, Bob said:

Last night was a NY Strip. I bought some Ghee for the first time and have been trying it out for my pan frying.

And so far today I just polished off a 4-egg omelet cooked in a pan greased with Ghee, with leftover taco meat from the other night, with some cheddar cheese and sour cream.

I had 2 scrambled eggs with some crumbled Jimmy Dean sausages and spinach, I could not eat much but for some reason I felt hungry later, I have been OMAD the last week but today I just don't know.  Please keep posting your meals so I can keep getting different ideas of what to eat.  I have been on youtube looking and there is so much out there but I will not go broke trying to eat.  I did find a recipe for some bread that looks good made with eggs and something else, I will post the recipe.

8 hours ago, Angela Little said:

Cloud Bread... Is this recipe permissive?

Yes. About 15-20 years ago we called them "Oopsie rolls" because the girl who stumbled upon them made them by accident, lol.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=oopsie+rolls

But yes, eggs and cream cheese are both keto and carnivore.

Spent the last three days guiding a youth hunt. I knew that most of the food on this hunt/camping trip would not be edible for me so I took a dozen cheesy egg muffins with venison sausage mixed in and a stick of butter. It was enough to sustain me.

6 hours ago, Angela Little said:

I over salted a llittle bit, not use to using just salt.  Will get better?

Salt alone is perfect. I use Pink Himalayan salt that comes in a bottle with coarse salt crystals and a grinder built into the cap so you can grind it yourself. Redmond's Real Salt is another popular one. The finely granulated iodized salt they say you should replace because it has additives in it and many of the good minerals has been removed.

For what it's worth, I still use a few seasonings too, as they don't bother me any. I have an addiction to this stuff...

https://www.amazon.com/Goya-Sazonador-Complete-Seasoning-Ounce/dp/B004IM0EO8?th=1

6 hours ago, Angela Little said:

Now what did everyone else eat?

For dinner I had a 1 lb New York Strip seared in butter and a dozen shrimp. I pour the butter and melted fat from the pan into a dish and use it for dipping sauce. I cooke the shrimp with the steak and didn't take a picture because it wasn't very photogenic, lol. But it sure was tasty.

9 hours ago, Bob said:

Salt alone is perfect. I use Pink Himalayan salt that comes in a bottle with coarse salt crystals and a grinder built into the cap so you can grind it yourself. Redmond's Real Salt is another popular one. The finely granulated iodized salt they say you should replace because it has additives in it and many of the good minerals has been removed.

For what it's worth, I still use a few seasonings too, as they don't bother me any. I have an addiction to this stuff...

https://www.amazon.com/Goya-Sazonador-Complete-Seasoning-Ounce/dp/B004IM0EO8?th=1

For dinner I had a 1 lb New York Strip seared in butter and a dozen shrimp. I pour the butter and melted fat from the pan into a dish and use it for dipping sauce. I cooke the shrimp with the steak and didn't take a picture because it wasn't very photogenic, lol. But it sure was tasty.

I used the pink Himalayan but no grinder, thanks 

On 12/10/2023 at 10:33 AM, Bob said:

Looks delicous!

I got hit with Covid yesterday. I did have eggs and sausage in the morning (a routine thing for me), and then later in the day I Door-Dash'ed a Wendy's Baconator with no bun, because I was too dizzy to stand up and do any cooking.

Today I am feeling better than yesterday

Get well ❤️‍🩹 soon.

AGAPE!!!

22 hours ago, Orweller said:

Not entirely carnivore, but it gets the fats in.

Most of us are okay with olive oil, avacado oil, and coconut oil.

Some day I will try my hand at making my own mayo. I've seen recipes using bacon grease and other fats.

Most of us are okay with olive oil, avacado oil, and coconut oil.
Some day I will try my hand at making my own mayo. I've seen recipes using bacon grease and other fats.

From my understanding this is correct. Natural oils that are simply cold pressed and not refined are fine on carnivore. Not ideal but ok.
I have heard that you have to be careful in that you only use pure virgin oils and even then some unscrupulous manufacturers will cut the oils with seed oils but still call them virgin.
Bob, check out Chris Cooking Nashville on utube. He has a butter Mayo that he makes that doesn’t solidify in the refrigerator. My experience with making my own, using carnivore fats always gets solid and unspreadable so if it’s not used right away it’s just too hard.

Ate big today.
I normally only eat OMAD but today I ate twice.
Started around noon with a salmon quiche covered in mozzarella and sprinkled with Tabasco.
e91ff589e5ac680460f2a163257adb83.jpg
Then I prepared four hearts for the grill. Two lambs heart and two deer hearts.
c0d264154821e0b39ceeb771124ea732.jpg
Sliced and seasoned with salt, white pepper and a little dusting of garlic powder. Then refrigerated for several hours to dry marinade.
3ff04ac1bd381505413b1507b622b23e.jpg
Basted with ghee and grilled over an open fire to a nice medium rare.
a3281dcba90299bf37dd27d4cc89b2ff.jpg
While all of this was going on I also took a deer liver and made liverwurst out of it. In the past just fried deer liver was just too strong and I always gave it to my dogs but making it into liverwurst is a game changer. My puppies will just have to go without now.
07e275a04a68db5fd11e3a8bfc7ec1fd.jpg
All combined made for a great meal of organ meats.
e7a43578289d5b16aa1b383bb997e1a4.jpg