• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Im currently in the 19th day of carnivore.

Eating 900g 70/30 ground beef +2-4 eggs each day.

I try to eat 3 meals a day, 300g each.

Two days ago I felt a bit sick at night as soon as I laid on the bed, nausea and feeling that Im going to puke.

I managed to fall asleep and the next day everything was fine.

Today I woke up before the sun rise felling extremely nauseous, almost puking and my upper belly felt warm and bloated.

I went to the bathroom and had some diarrhea, than managed to drink a bit of water, I felt a bit better and returned to bed and managed to return to sleep in the end while not feeling good. I woke up a few hours later with less nausea but belly pain and specifically pain, worm and bloating in the upper belly.

I went to the bathroom and had diarrhea like I never had in those 19 days.

Im feeling much better now but still upper belly bloated and worm + a bit nausea.

I cant survive on this way of eating like this, what is happening ? What changed?

Please help me guys🙏🙏

6 hours ago, Matan1262 said:

Im currently in the 19th day of carnivore.

I cant survive on this way of eating like this, what is happening ? What changed?

Since you've made it 3 weeks without issues, it could be that you are simply sick. Maybe you picked up a virus. Maybe you ate some spoiled meat or eggs.

Most side effects from transitioning/adapting to carnivore are experienced soon after starting, within a few days, and last 2-6 weeks, such as the keto "flu" and alternating diarrhea and constipation.

There could be other reasons, but I would personally wait this out a little longer, perhaps even fast for a while if still feel sick. This is based on 2.5 weeks of doing just fine with eating this way. If you had an allergy/intolerance, or other issue I think it would have manifested itself eariler on.

2 hours ago, Bob said:

@Matan1262 - It's been almost 48 hours since we've heard from you. How are you feeling lately? Any better?

I've felt better but it return, the exact same feeling.

Yesterday morning i felt great but closer to bed time when i decided to lay on the couch the same feeling returned, not as worst but for sure felt nauseous - only after i managed to release some in the bathroom i felt a bit better but still nauseous.

This morning again feeling good.

Since starting im for sure more energetic, but the last few nights have been really tough, i need to battle the nauseous and the puke from getting out and I dont know what to do.

I have no idea what happened.

Maybe the new batch of ground beef? But it smelled good.

Yesterday night i also ate salmon with butter(first time adding butter since starting).

But the nauseous started days before.

Sucks that it came from no where and I cant seem to get rid of it

So if I am reading this correctly, your 4 days in feeling yucky. If it's a virus or if it was rotten food, you should be pulling through soon.

There was one time I ate a bad steak on a Wednesday evening I think. That night I started feeling funny, and then next day I had stomach pain and felt sick. This continued into Friday. Friday was worse and I only had one meal, and I was a bit afraid to eat it too. Then Saturday I didn't want to eat at all and this became my first 24-hr fast that I  posted about here.

So all in all one just starting to rot steak affected me for about 4 days.

11 minutes ago, Bob said:

So if I am reading this correctly, your 4 days in feeling yucky. If it's a virus or if it was rotten food, you should be pulling through soon.

There was one time I ate a bad steak on a Wednesday evening I think. That night I started feeling funny, and then next day I had stomach pain and felt sick. This continued into Friday. Friday was worse and I only had one meal, and I was a bit afraid to eat it too. Then Saturday I didn't want to eat at all and this became my first 24-hr fast that I  posted about here.

So all in all one just starting to rot steak affected me for about 4 days.

My experience is different,

I feel sick in the evening and after a long lay down like sleeping or laying on the bed/sofa, feeling like im going to puke and really bad feeling.

The uppder stomach feels hot and full.

Im sure its not a flue l, hopefully it was just bad ground meat