• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Busseto brand Charcuterie Samplers are being pulled from Sam's Club shelves due to Salmonella contamination.

Meat Products Are Being Pulled From Sam's Club Stores And Food Inspectors Are 'Concerned' They're Still In Homes

Story by Julia DeKorte

ARTICLE SOURCE: https://www.shefinds.com/collections/meat-products-pulled-from-sams-club/

Busseto brand Charcuterie Samplers are being pulled from shelves due to Salmonella contamination. The affected products were sold across multiple Sam’s Club locations in Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, and Texas.

Health officials reported the recall last week. Read on for more details, including exactly which products the recall includes and what to do if you’ve purchased them.

charcuterie.jpeg
busseto charcuterie samplers© Busseto

Busseto Charcuterie Sampler Recall

After one Minnesotan reported feeling ill in December after eating a Busseto brand Charcuterie Sampler purchased at Sam's Club, health officials from the Minnesota Department of Agriculture did some testing.

They collected an unopened package of the Charcuterie Sampler that contained prosciutto, sweet sopressata, and dry coppa and performed a test that indicated the product was contaminated with Salmonella. Fratelli Beretta USA, Inc., the parent company, is now recalling 11,097 pounds of the product.

The affected product has a LOT number of L075330300 with an expiration date of April 27, 2024. The product also has an establishment number of EST.7543B and EST. #47967.

The Minnesota Department of Agriculture notified the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS), which announced the recall. According to the health officials, "there is concern that consumers may still have the product in their homes because of its long shelf life."

If you have purchased one of these products, do not consume it and throw it out immediately.

On 1/10/2024 at 10:41 PM, Geezy said:

Good to know but I’m so country that I don’t even know what that is. emoji13.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lunch meat you put on a piece of wood, and eating it with pinky up, laughing at the peasants toiling in their fields. 

Lunch meat you put on a piece of wood, and eating it with pinky up, laughing at the peasants toiling in their fields. 

I’m safe then. I’ll just stick with bbq baloney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk