• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Has it been this way for all of the 5 months? Or it this something recent?

If you do a web search for "stool color" you will see a lot of results that say that black can be a sign of blood in the stool and you may want to seek medical attention. But also some antibiotics, drugs, and foods can cause it too. 

Mine are brown to very dark brown, with random consistencies depending on my fat and magnesium intake, but I would not call mine black. So you have to determine if it's dark brown or black like tar/pitch.  

3 hours ago, Bob said:

Has it been this way for all of the 5 months? Or it this something recent?

If you do a web search for "stool color" you will see a lot of results that say that black can be a sign of blood in the stool and you may want to seek medical attention. But also some antibiotics, drugs, and foods can cause it too. 

Mine are brown to very dark brown, with random consistencies depending on my fat and magnesium intake, but I would not call mine black. So you have to determine if it's dark brown or black like tar/pitch.  

Its black

For all of the last 5 months? Or more recent?

All the time? Some of the time? Most of the time?

I don't have anything to add here. Black stool may be from dark foods and drinks (beets and dark beer), supplements like iron, or a sign of bleeding in the upper GI tract from a peptic ulcer, gastritis, inflammation, colon polyps, etc. Your carnivore diet is going to be rich in iron. 

You have to consider these questions and decide if you think this is just due to the change in your diet, or if you want to see a GI doctor to rule out any other possible issue.

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

For all of the last 5 months? Or more recent?

All the time? Some of the time? Most of the time?

I don't have anything to add here. Black stool may be from dark foods and drinks (beets and dark beer), supplements like iron, or a sign of bleeding in the upper GI tract from a peptic ulcer, gastritis, inflammation, colon polyps, etc. Your carnivore diet is going to be rich in iron. 

You have to consider these questions and decide if you think this is just due to the change in your diet, or if you want to see a GI doctor to rule out any other possible issue.

I believe i have an Iron pan, might be the cause?

As I mentioned, its all the time.

Which pan should I buy? I will try a new pan for a week to see the difference

6 minutes ago, Matan1262 said:

I believe i have an Iron pan, might be the cause?

I doubt it but I don't know. It might be worth testing.

I have a pan by Ninja that is non-stick (sorta, more like easy to clean). I have no idea what it is made of.

When you say iron, do you mean cast iron? I've heard that cast iron pans are actually the best.