• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Just a Carnivore Questions

On 3/27/2024 at 2:12 PM, Coldstomp said:

I was cooking steaks in butter, it was butter from same Amish place I get my milk from. I always had tough time eating steak but I'm going to change it up a little. Try tallow instead and perhaps get/try a pellet smoker & a small charcoal griller

Ok, cool. If I fry any meat it’s usually tallow because I have a lot of it and it handles high heat better that butter but butter tastes better to me. 
I love smoking my meats but I use an offset pit smoker. 

For boiled eggs, something different. I wasn't finishing my scrambled eggs completely and wasting them, although I have 19 chickens and the eggs are "free"

Ok, it just strange that someone would prefer boiled over scrambled but to each their own. Me, I can eat buttery scrambled eggs nearly every day.  Boiled are good but my least favorite. 

I definitely look at what is in the processed food when I look at it and try to get it at 1g or less carb if I can't help it

The reason why this is important the read the labels is the carb can be very misleading and manipulated. Even eggs and meat have carbs but it’s the sugars, fillers and seed oils we need to be mindful of. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Geezy said:

Ok, cool. If I fry any meat it’s usually tallow because I have a lot of it and it handles high heat better that butter but butter tastes better to me. 
I love smoking my meats but I use an offset pit smoker. 

Ok, it just strange that someone would prefer boiled over scrambled but to each their own. Me, I can eat buttery scrambled eggs nearly every day.  Boiled are good but my least favorite. 

The reason why this is important the read the labels is the carb can be very misleading and manipulated. Even eggs and meat have carbs but it’s the sugars, fillers and seed oils we need to be mindful of. 

It was mostly an idea to change up just eating scrambled which works as I mostly just eat the yok out of the boiled eggs anyway but I mix it up with eggs.

I need to get a better smoker, sales will be coming out here soon for holidays, in May at least.

This is the beef sticks I get from Costco, was able to get a picture of the label to share. Pretty clean except for the "natural flavors", everything else is do-able. I'll have to get label for beef hotdogs also from Costco, not from the same place but I'm going to look into GreenRidge Farm today.

https://greenridgenaturals.com/shop/meat-sticks/beef-sticks/original-all-natural-beef-stick/

sticks.jpg

Edited by Coldstomp

It was mostly an idea to change up just eating scrambled which works as I mostly just eat the yok out of the boiled eggs anyway but I mix it up with eggs.
I need to get a better smoker, sales will be coming out here soon for holidays, in May at least.
This is the beef sticks I get from Costco, was able to get a picture of the label to share. Pretty clean except for the "natural flavors", everything else is do-able. I'll have to get label for beef hotdogs also from Costco, not from the same place but I'm going to look into GreenRidge Farm today.
https://greenridgenaturals.com/shop/meat-sticks/beef-sticks/original-all-natural-beef-stick/

sticks.jpg.7f898fb58b0a71655451b956d0638100.jpg

I could definitely eat those. We are getting a Costco in our town sometime in the future and I will be looking for those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/30/2024 at 7:17 AM, Geezy said:

I could definitely eat those. We are getting a Costco in our town sometime in the future and I will be looking for those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck! I picked up the beef hotdogs, I'll get a picture of those and share.

Also found chicken sausages which is 1g carb per 3, i'll get a picture of it too.