• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

What cooking method do you prefer?

There are many ways to cook meat. Some of those include:

• Baking in oven
  • Braising in liquid
  • Grilling over flames or coals
  • Smoking low & slow
  • Stovetop
  • Deep fry
  • Air Fry

Is there a particular method you prefer? Is there a particular method you avoid?

Likewise, using the various methods sometimes requires using more than just seasoning on the meat. What have you found works for you if/when you marinate or rub before cooking?

Honestly, I grill just about everything in the warmer months. In the winter months I will turn to the stovetop or oven methods. The bitter cold makes it difficult to get the grill to warm up, plus standing out in it and freezing is no fun, lol.

I occasionally deep fry wings. I know a lot of people use an air fryer but I've never tried to cook meat in one yet.

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

What have you found works for you if/when you marinate or rub before cooking?

I usually use either my favorite seasoning blend or simply Pink Himalayan Salt.

For me sometimes, it is a combo - depending on the weather and my work, so it's the oven, or grilling on top of stove,  

and then onto the crock pot - usually to soften the ribs! or maintain on busy days, when out in service or meeting(s)

we have to invest in a  second air fryer - sadly door kept falling off the old one!

yes - and I we love the pink Himalayan salt.  Anyone ever use "kick "N" chicken" seasoning?  my daughter

seasoned some chicken with it for a congregation gathering - it was quite tasty?  Well, I know I will have to 

cut that out! 

12 hours ago, Amatia said:

anyone ever use "kick "N" chicken" seasoning?  my daughter seasoned some chicken with it for a congregation gathering - it was quite tasty?  Well, I know I will have to cut that out! 

Cut out the kick'n chicken seasoning?

Ingredients:
Onion, Salt, Garlic, Spices, Red Pepper, Orange Peel, Sugar, Red Bell Pepper, Paprika Extractives (Color).

That looks fine to me. A low carb keto dieter would have no problem with those ingredients. Some carnivore dieters might object to the plants used in the seasoning and just stick to pink Himalayan salt or Redmond's salt.

Unless I misunderstood you. 

• 1 month later...