• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Grass fed, really important?

Hi all👋 

In my cauntry its really hard to get grass fed beef but I can find some, super expensive.

Im currently eating 70/30 ground beef that is not grass fed, is it really that bad?

Started the diet a week ago in hopes to cure sleep apnea and pain from car accident trauma 

No, it’s not. Is grass fed better? Yes but essential? No.
The nutrition in grass fed is better but grain finished is just fine. For that matter, if all you could get was hot dogs, sausage, baloney and lunch meats it would still be better that eating a high processed carb diet.
To add to that, grain finished beef is better than pork and chicken but I still eat those too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geoff is correct. Ruminant animal meat is as pure as it gets, as their multi-chamber stomachs break down all the toxins in the plants they may eat. Grass fed/finished has a little more in the way of vitamins and minerals, but the vitamin and mineral content in grain fed is just fine.

What is grain finished?

If it means that only in their last period alive they get grains thats not what I ment, the ground beef here doesnt get any grass, from start to finish

5 hours ago, Geezy said:

No, it’s not. Is grass fed better? Yes but essential? No.
The nutrition in grass fed is better but grain finished is just fine. For that matter, if all you could get was hot dogs, sausage, baloney and lunch meats it would still be better that eating a high processed carb diet.
To add to that, grain finished beef is better than pork and chicken but I still eat those too.

What is grain finished?

If it means that only in their last period alive they get grains thats not what I ment, the ground beef here doesnt get any grass, from start to finish

That’s interesting. Where do you live if you’d mind me asking?

I’ve never seen any cattle that weren’t fed on grass for the majority of their lives. Here in the states, all cattle are grass fed. Either by fresh pasture grasses or hay and usually both. Mine are fed both. When the cattle are sold the buyers will take them to a feedlot and be feed grain ( corn, oats, wheat, soybeans, etc) to fatten them up. While this does add marbling to the meat and gives it a better flavor, as some people believe, it’s really not for the benefit of the consumer. It’s don’t because the animals are sold by weight and the fatter they are the more profit for the seller.

7 minutes ago, Geezy said:

That’s interesting. Where do you live if you’d mind me asking?

I’ve never seen any cattle that weren’t fed on grass for the majority of their lives. Here in the states, all cattle are grass fed. Either by fresh pasture grasses or hay and usually both. Mine are fed both. When the cattle are sold the buyers will take them to a feedlot and be feed grain ( corn, oats, wheat, soybeans, etc) to fatten them up. While this does add marbling to the meat and gives it a better flavor, as some people believe, it’s really not for the benefit of the consumer. It’s don’t because the animals are sold by weight and the fatter they are the more profit for the seller.

I live in Israel.

There is grass fed but its double the price and its not possible for me right now.

The question is if I will see results in terms of health if I dont eat grass fed

I live in Israel.
There is grass fed but its double the price and its not possible for me right now.
The question is if I will see results in terms of health if I dont eat grass fed

First off Shalom. I’m sorry for what is happening over there right now. I am a Christian but I am praying for you, your people and your land.
Chazak u'varuch.

As far as health benefits? No, you’ll be fine. You will not see any noticeable difference.

Lavriut.

7 minutes ago, Geezy said:

First off Shalom. I’m sorry for what is happening over there right now. I am a Christian but I am praying for you, your people and your land.
Chazak u'varuch.

As far as health benefits? No, you’ll be fine. You will not see any noticeable difference.

Lavriut.

Thank you, it really means a lot, gives hope to see people around the world stand with Israel, what happend was unimaginable, and its just the beginning.

They are just pure pure evil, I cant comprehend this devil acts, how can they?

Its a really tough time, imagining what our people, our brothers and sisters went through kills my soul.

In the torah there is a saying "devil on earth"