• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Help with electrolytes and supplements

Hi all,
I started a week ago, with ground beef 70/30 meat to fat, eggs, and Himalayan pink salt.
I work out every day, do I need to consume electrolytes? if so how often and how much and which company?
Should I eat organ meat like liver and fish like salmon? if so, how often?
I appreciate any help you can provide.

I think you should.
When your body starts producing ketones your kidneys will start flushing out fluids and minerals and it’s easy to get depleted.
I personally take LMNT unflavored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Matan1262 said:

I work out every day, do I need to consume electrolytes? if so how often and how much and which company?

Since you are working out, you probably should supplement with some electrolytes. LMNT is very tasty. One or two of those a day will probably do you well. Redmond's (makers of Real Salt) make an electrolyte drink mix called ReLyte. Keto Chow has electrolytes and a product called Daily Minerals (which tastes god awful and you need to dilute it with something).

I have to salt to taste and supplement with magnesium or I get terrible leg cramps. 

7 hours ago, Matan1262 said:

Should I eat organ meat like liver and fish like salmon? if so, how often?

Liver is a superfood. It's nature's multivitamin. I would just incorporate it whenever you want. Some people eat it once or twice a month. Others make sure to eat 2 ounces a week. Some people dice it up raw and freeze it and then pop it like a pill with some water because they don't want to taste it. You just don't want to eat gobs and gobs of liver in one sitting as too much can give you vitamin poisoning.

Salmon is a nice fatty fish and is especially good for omega-3's. You don't have to go overboard though. Once a week would be fine.

Fatty red ruminant meat is still the overall best thing for us.

We eat liver weeks and sometimes almost daily. Whenever we have a beeve or lamb slaughtered we save the liver and heart.
I just made two pounds of liverwurst today. I don’t eat it but once a week because it’s not exactly carni clean but my wife will eat some nearly every day.
I recently watched a video from Dr. Berry about vitamin A toxicity from eating to much liver but he stated that while it’s a real thing, it would be nearly impossible for you to eat enough liver to be harmful.

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

We eat liver weeks and sometimes almost daily. Whenever we have a beeve or lamb slaughtered we save the liver and heart.
I just made two pounds of liverwurst today. I don’t eat it but once a week because it’s not exactly carni clean but my wife will eat some nearly every day.
I recently watched a video from Dr. Berry about vitamin A toxicity from eating to much liver but he stated that while it’s a real thing, it would be nearly impossible for you to eat enough liver to be harmful.

2 hours ago, Bob said:

Since you are working out, you probably should supplement with some electrolytes. LMNT is very tasty. One or two of those a day will probably do you well. Redmond's (makers of Real Salt) make an electrolyte drink mix called ReLyte. Keto Chow has electrolytes and a product called Daily Minerals (which tastes god awful and you need to dilute it with something).

I have to salt to taste and supplement with magnesium or I get terrible leg cramps. 

Liver is a superfood. It's nature's multivitamin. I would just incorporate it whenever you want. Some people eat it once or twice a month. Others make sure to eat 2 ounces a week. Some people dice it up raw and freeze it and then pop it like a pill with some water because they don't want to taste it. You just don't want to eat gobs and gobs of liver in one sitting as too much can give you vitamin poisoning.

Salmon is a nice fatty fish and is especially good for omega-3's. You don't have to go overboard though. Once a week would be fine.

Fatty red ruminant meat is still the overall best thing for us.

Thank you guys, you have a lot of knowledge and it really helps me.

I cant seem to find electrolytes to purchase in my country that doesnt have bad stuff in.

https://www.iherb.com/pal/referral/KBU1252/pdp?productId=5452&rcode=KBU1252&utm_medium=appshare

Is this one good?

If not, can you look if there is a good electrolytes produxt in this website? Because it has fast shipping.

If there is not, can you please send a link to buy some with option to international shipping? I would really appreciate it.

In terms of salmon, i will eat once a week, and liver about once in two weeks.

Those links don’t allow me to look at the ingredients so I can’t say for sure if they are any good.
The thing to look for, in my opinion, is sugar or any kind of sweeteners. I’m very strict with myself about abstaining from anything sweet. It’s a trigger for me that is too big a temptation for me. Some people handle it well, I do not.
If you can’t find anything suitable then you can make your own electrolyte mix.

½ teaspoon salt (provides ~1 g sodium)

500 mg potassium citrate powder (provides ~200 mg potassium)

¼ teaspoon of magnesium malate (provides ~60 mg magnesium)

23 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Those links don’t allow me to look at the ingredients so I can’t say for sure if they are any good.
The thing to look for, in my opinion, is sugar or any kind of sweeteners. I’m very strict with myself about abstaining from anything sweet. It’s a trigger for me that is too big a temptation for me. Some people handle it well, I do not.
If you can’t find anything suitable then you can make your own electrolyte mix.

½ teaspoon salt (provides ~1 g sodium)

500 mg potassium citrate powder (provides ~200 mg potassium)

¼ teaspoon of magnesium malate (provides ~60 mg magnesium)

They actually do have the ingridiants.

Im adding pictures of both products

Screenshot_20231029_173538_iHerb.jpg

Screenshot_20231029_173329_iHerb.jpg

They actually do have the ingridiants.
Im adding pictures of both products
Screenshot_20231029_173538_iHerb.thumb.jpg.70ad2b39ea8d3830c515b816c5e21179.jpg
Screenshot_20231029_173329_iHerb.thumb.jpg.4eb866e501b7bddce2651abfdcb85136.jpg

Good deal, for some reason I couldn’t access them.
I think those are ok as they don’t have any sweeteners in them or soy products. The only thing in them that I’m not a fan of is the calcium. From my research, unless you have an illness that requires a calcium supplement it’s not needed and can have some adverse effects if taken in large doses. Other than that I see no problems with them.
If you choose to go with one of them I’d go with the one that has the lower dose of calcium.

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

Good deal, for some reason I couldn’t access them.
I think those are ok as they don’t have any sweeteners in them or soy products. The only thing in them that I’m not a fan of is the calcium. From my research, unless you have an illness that requires a calcium supplement it’s not needed and can have some adverse effects if taken in large doses. Other than that I see no problems with them.
If you choose to go with one of them I’d go with the one that has the lower dose of calcium.

Seems like the first one have less of it, I will order thanks🙏

15 hours ago, Matan1262 said:

This one looks great! The Codeage, Keto Electrolytes, Ketogenic Formula, 180 Capsules.

Take 2 capsules daily, with or without food. 

codeageElectrolytes.jpg

Just now, Matan1262 said:

Is it needed each day regardless of after I workout?

You may not need them daily when you don't work out. But it won't hurt anything. If you don't need a certain mineral, you will just urinate it out.

Most people get what they need from food. Others like me end up with issues, usually leg cramps at night. For me, it was magnesium in particular, so I supplement with  magnesium.

You could do 1 pill on a normal day and on a workout day take the 2nd pill after the workout.

29 minutes ago, Bob said:

You may not need them daily when you don't work out. But it won't hurt anything. If you don't need a certain mineral, you will just urinate it out.

Most people get what they need from food. Others like me end up with issues, usually leg cramps at night. For me, it was magnesium in particular, so I supplement with  magnesium.

You could do 1 pill on a normal day and on a workout day take the 2nd pill after the workout.

I will try, thanks