• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

How to lower Apo B?

Guest Nickkk

I did my blood work and this is what I got, My doctor scared me but I don't wanna listen to her.

COLESTEROLO TOT 310 mg/dL
COLESTEROLO HDL 64 mg/dL
COLESTEROLO LDL 226 mg/dL

TRIGLICERIDI 98 mg/dL
APOLIPOPROTEINA B 177 mg/dL (80 - 155)

HEA-S 174,00 µg/dl
MOCISTEINA 9,3 umol/L
HbA1c 5.2 mmol/mol
INSULINA 4,3 uU/mL
PEPTIDE C POST - PRANDIALE 1,2 ng/ml
PROTEINA C REATTIVA (PCR) <0.050 mg/dL

Am I dying?

Good morning.

Your cholesterol, triglycerides, and ApoB numbers look fine to me. They are well within acceptable ranges according to our most well-known keto carnivore doctors.

I'll have to comment on the second set of stats when I get home from work later today. I have to convert the measurements to what we're used to seeing on our labs here in the United States.

Thanks for the image. I can understand the ranges and have no need to translate them. Everything seems to be where you want them.

Cholesterol is a hot topic. Mainstream medicine says you want this very low, almost unnaturally low. Keto-carnivore doctors do not think cholesterol, LDL, or ApoB is a significant factor ALONE, that is, if all your other health markers have improved, and only LDL has gone up, it's not a problem. ApoB will rise and fall almost in sync with LDL. However, if you were eating the standard Western junk diet and had a high A1C, high fasting insuling, etc, etc, AND high cholesterol, THEN it would be a potential issue.

The thinking here, in simple terms, is that if there is no inflammation and you're not causing damage via high insulin and high sugar levels, the high LDL in your system is going to be harmless. Damage to the artery wall is caused by sugars and inflammation, and LDL is there to attempt to repair it. Get rid of the inflammation and sugars, and the LDL will have not be used as a patching compound (plaque).