• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

No I am not getting fat. And that's a problem, I think. 

I am on carnivore not to lose weight, but to address an auto immune disease, reduce sugar and processed foods. I have been at it for 2 weeks now and I feel like I don't get enough fat. I've tried eating straight butter but I can't. Brown butter bites did not work for me either. Not very skilled cook here. 

I am 145.5 Lbs. lean, and at a healthy weight with muscle definition. 

This is an example of a daily intake over the last 2 weeks, I'll pick a random day:

Calories: 1836

Carbs: 26gr (5%)

Fat: 143gr (68%)

Protein: 125gr (27%)

Sugar: 11gr, Fiber: 6gr

I would like to have at least 70% of fat, but on the days I do really good on no carbs this seems to be an issue. My protein quickly approaches 140gr or more, and I think that may be a bit much for my body weight? I am considering avocados to fill in the gaps. Any ideas or input is welcomed. Just spit-balling here. 

There was a time I was stalling and I tried cutting out dairy (basically cheese) as well as trimming my fat and cutting down on the butter. I was basically zero carb, low fat, high protein, and it didn't do anything for me. I decided to add the fat back, and this meant buttering or adding tallow to everything, adding back cheese, etc, and that got me to similar caloric breakdown percentages. These would range from 66/33 to 75/25 and I've stopped tracking in recent weeks but I imagine it's the same because I don't change it up much.

Some ideas that come to my mind are:

• Choose the fattiest cuts of meat, such as ribs, rib roast, ribeye, (notice the key work "rib") and porterhouses.
  • Cook in fat, such as tallow, bacon grease, butter, ghee, duck fat, etc.
  • Garnish with fat, such as melt butter over everything or drizzle with melted fat.
  • Add Dairy, such as full fat milk, full fat yogurt, cheeses, etc.
  • Have heavy cream in your coffee or tea. @Geezy has a fatty coffee drink he starts the day with.
  • Make carnivore ice cream with heavy cream and egg yolks.
  • Buy beef fat from your local rancher or meat shop. It's crazy cheap. Fry it up and make crispy snacks with it.

2 hours ago, Bob said:

There was a time I was stalling and I tried cutting out dairy (basically cheese) as well as trimming my fat and cutting down on the butter. I was basically zero carb, low fat, high protein, and it didn't do anything for me. I decided to add the fat back, and this meant buttering or adding tallow to everything, adding back cheese, etc, and that got me to similar caloric breakdown percentages. These would range from 66/33 to 75/25 and I've stopped tracking in recent weeks but I imagine it's the same because I don't change it up much.

Some ideas that come to my mind are:

• Choose the fattiest cuts of meat, such as ribs, rib roast, ribeye, (notice the key work "rib") and porterhouses.
  • Cook in fat, such as tallow, bacon grease, butter, ghee, duck fat, etc.
  • Garnish with fat, such as melt butter over everything or drizzle with melted fat.
  • Add Dairy, such as full fat milk, full fat yogurt, cheeses, etc.
  • Have heavy cream in your coffee or tea. @Geezy has a fatty coffee drink he starts the day with.
  • Make carnivore ice cream with heavy cream and egg yolks.
  • Buy beef fat from your local rancher or meat shop. It's crazy cheap. Fry it up and make crispy snacks with it.

I will take that in consideration. I have purchased a keto mayo based on avocado in the meantime.