Skip to content

Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Frustrated

I’ve been a carnivore for 2 years and 7 months. With all the benefits of this diet, 25% weight loss, no meds, awesome energy especially for being 71 years old. Just recently had my bloodwork completed and my cholesterol shot up. Of course my doctor got excited. In the past we had tried statins and Repatha but they all gave me muscle cramps and don’t want to go back to meds

Here are my stats

Cholesterol, Total

561High

Triglycerides

294High

HDL Cholesterol

52

VLDL Cholesterol Cal

87High

LDL Cholesterol Calc

099

Now I am looking for a diet to lower my cholesterol so the doctor won’t keep hammering me about statins. Until recently I was BBBE and daily consuming Dr. Kiltz ice cream but have since quit. After some research I discovered that the heavy cream load can cause a bottle neck in the liver and this can cause your cholesterol to rise even though I fasted before the test. Another point is I had a triple bypass in 2022 and am worried about blockage. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

  • Replies 7
  • Views 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • In my opinion I would tell the doctor to go pound sand if he wants to insist on a statin. No one has ever been saved by taking a statin. In fact, there is plenty of evidence to show that those with lo

  • Ken Kiboko
    Ken Kiboko

    Thanks for the input. Never thought about that it took me 67 years to get the first clot with the American diet. Being on the carnivore diet has increased my energy to an amazing level. I’ve been watc

  • Ken, I know we all have to find our own journey to health, and I have learned that I cannot simply rely on doctors to guide mine. Almost four years ago, I had a minor heart attack, bloodwork, and an a

Featured Replies

In my opinion I would tell the doctor to go pound sand if he wants to insist on a statin. No one has ever been saved by taking a statin. In fact, there is plenty of evidence to show that those with lower cholesterol levels are more prone to heart attacks than those with higher cholesterol.

Backing off of the heavy cream is certainly a choice you can make and might make for a good N of 1 experiment to see if it helps but personally I don’t think it will do anything remarkable.

You don’t have to worry about blockage. It took a lifetime to get your first blockage so why would you think that you’ll get another blockage in just a couple of years? It doesn’t work like that. Besides, blockages are not due to cholesterol. They are the result of damage to the arterial wall from most likely seed oils and the cholesterol is coming in to try to repair the damage. Don’t damage the arteries in the first place and there will never be blockages.

  • Author

Thanks for the input. Never thought about that it took me 67 years to get the first clot with the American diet. Being on the carnivore diet has increased my energy to an amazing level. I’ve been watching Dr. Dave Diamond videos on the lies about cholesterol. Great stuff. I’ll let you know how abstaining from the Kiltz ice cream affects my cholesterol data.

  • Author

Geezy, during my last blood test my triglycerides went up along with my LDL’s as well as my total cholesterol. I know typically on the carnivore diet. LDL‘s will go up and your triglycerides go down. Is this necessarily a bad thing?

Thanks

Ken

Ken, I recommend you search Youtube for carnivore doctors and what they say about cholesterol. You'll find amazing information most doctors do not know or acknowledge. I told my doctor flat out that I will not go on cholesterol lowering medication of any kind and I choose to eat the proper human diet (I am currently strict carnivore) to heal my body. This, just after having my second angioplasty 2 weeks ago. Four of my arteries were blocked at 80, 90 or 100%; for at least four years (based on an angiogram taken back then). I have literally stopped ingesting anything, period, other than fatty beef, butter, water, Saltt Hydrate liquid, and occassionally eggs and bacon. Of course, I need to take Prasugrel and 81mg aspirin for a year or more due to having 4 stents. In any case, what we ingest has caused our diseases, and it stands to reason what we ingest can also heal our bodies. Especially since there it is clear evidence our body is designed to heal itself. Just look at what happens when we have a minor cut. You can literaly watch as it heals over the days. I find that fascinating. And, why would that only apply to a cut? Even if the cut is biger and we need stitches, it is our body that is healing itself. Our bodies want to be healthy and we are the ones getting in the way by ingesting all the harmful products promoted by big food and big pharma. We overwhelm it with poisen and it can't keep up. I no longer buy in to the fear-mongering mainstream beliefs saying high cholesterol or eating red meat harms us. For all the reasons you can find by researching what carnivore doctors and those who share their real experiences on carnivore (and provide receipts for their claims).

All the best to you.

On 9/16/2026 at 7:06 PM, Ken Kiboko said:

Thanks for the input. Never thought about that it took me 67 years to get the first clot with the American diet. Being on the carnivore diet has increased my energy to an amazing level. I’ve been watching Dr. Dave Diamond videos on the lies about cholesterol. Great stuff. I’ll let you know how abstaining from the Kiltz ice cream affects my cholesterol data.

Triglycerides can rise on a carnivore diet due to factors like the "triglyceride carryover effect," where high-fat meals delay triglyceride clearance, or insufficient fasting time before blood tests. Some people also see elevated triglycerides when consuming coffee or caffeine around testing.

  • Author

Victoria, thank you for your comments. I mainly stay with BBBE. Occasionally clean cheese, broccoli, pistachios. My treat was Kiltz ice cream, but am giving it up to see if it lowers my small dense ldl. After being on carnivore for 2+ years I’ve learned I can give up pretty much any food. I haven’t started fasting yet. My sweeteners are allulose and monk fruit. I was strict BBBE for 8 months when I first started after that I started adding items to see what the effects were. It was amazing how fast I knew well I can’t eat this usually with hours. With my science background I have enjoyed this experiment. All of my stats are great with the exception of cholesterol 😤. It’s funny my doctor doesn’t look at any of the good just the LDL. Years ago he put me on statins all of them caused severe muscle cramps. After we tried all that was available he said well that’s it we have tried everything. Then he told you know I know several patients that have lived to be old with high cholesterol.🤔

Ken, I know we all have to find our own journey to health, and I have learned that I cannot simply rely on doctors to guide mine.

Almost four years ago, I had a minor heart attack, bloodwork, and an angiogram. I saw four cardiologists and a nephrologist, and things looked bad. My experiences with the cardiologists were so discouraging that by the time the last one told me point blank that he would crack my chest open for heart surgery, I walked out and never looked back.

I did learn that my body had created its own bypass, and I was very grateful for that.

More than three years later, severe angina finally pushed me to find another cardiologist. I was fortunate to find one who is extremely skilled at treating full blockages with stents. He was shocked that I was still alive based on my test results from three and a half years earlier.

He wants me on cholesterol lowering medication, specifically the two injections a year, and even got Medicare approval for it. That is not going to happen. I trust his skill when it comes to placing stents, but I personally do not want to take additional drugs. For now, I am taking prasugrel and aspirin, but beyond that, even over the counter pain medication is not worth it to me because of the documented effects these drugs can have on the brain.

I trusted my body to take care of me, and it has. Now I am taking care of my body.

I pay attention to how I feel and use that as my guide. I am also done stressing over every test result. For me, constantly worrying about what the next test might show is not healthy either.

When my time comes, it comes. Until then, I am going to live my life and take care of my body the way I believe is right for me.

I wish everyone here the very best in finding their own path to better health. We may not all make the same choices, but I hope we can keep learning, listening to our bodies, and supporting one another along the way.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Featured Content

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.