• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Is this oxalate dumping?

I’ve researched this and found that I mildly have some of the symptoms, like neck and shoulder pain and occasional waves of dizziness. Rashes and hives are something else I read about, but my skin issue is a little different and I’m wondering if it’s connected. I’m getting itchy bumps, like insect bites, some of them in places a bug shouldn’t have been able to get to. But unlike a mosquito bite, these bumps form a small head and then become like a tiny scab.

I used  to drink a daily green smoothie with spinach and almond milk, and have taken 2000mg of vitamin C daily for several years and I learned that excess C can also turn into oxalates.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of skin issue and attributed it to oxalates?

I’ve experienced some itchy rashes and experienced some of what you’ve talked about but I don’t really know if it was oxalate dumping or just some kind of topical dermatitis. I’m not sure that anyone can say for certain that anything we experience during these times are OD or something else. I have read, by some who claim to know, that it can go on for several years.
It’s also my understanding that spinach is one of the highest oxalate containing vegetables there is. Stay the course and let it play out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply Geezy. After what I’ve been through over the last 10 years a few itchy bumps are nothing but a curiosity and I’m definitely staying the course, especially after healing from a gum abscess in 24 hours. It’s ironic though, something which seemed like the healthiest thing to do at the time, turns out to be the opposite and is now biting me in my butt 🙃 I even planted spinach in my garden so I could pick it fresh every day.

I’m also feeling guilty for introducing other people to the ‘health benefits’ of green smoothies. I guess the fact that they taste disgusting should have been a clue.

Thanks for your reply Geezy. After what I’ve been through over the last 10 years a few itchy bumps are nothing but a curiosity and I’m definitely staying the course, especially after healing from a gum abscess in 24 hours. It’s ironic though, something which seemed like the healthiest thing to do at the time, turns out to be the opposite and is now biting me in my butt  I even planted spinach in my garden so I could pick it fresh every day.
I’m also feeling guilty for introducing other people to the ‘health benefits’ of green smoothies. I guess the fact that they taste disgusting should have been a clue.

Excellent point in tasting bad. It’s a plant’s defense mechanism to try to ward us off of them. When my son introduced me to carnivore I had a garden. I grew only what I liked to eat or thought I liked, and my some asked me what it was I like about eating vegetables. I said they tasted good. He said do they really? Can you cook and eat the vegetables without putting anything on it or do you have to put dressing, sauces, butter and seasoning to make them palatable? Does anybody eat a salad of just plain lettuce or do they like the cheese, egg, meat dressing that goes in it? Wow, that was so logical and made so much sense. I can eat meat with nothing on it and I can enjoy it but I can’t do that with any veggie save one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/7/2024 at 1:08 AM, Jen said:

Has anyone else experienced this kind of skin issue and attributed it to oxalates?

I have not, but does it look like what is being shown here? This video link should start you at the 26:46 mark where they start talking about skin and in about 20 seconds after this they will put up some pictures...