• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Ideal Weight Calculator?

Never seen this one before. No idea if there’s any chance it could be accurate but my calculations show that I should be at 169lbs. I can dig it. Especially since I’m hovering near that weight now.

Any thoughts on this?

https://planetcalc.com/35/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO opinion, it's the scale, the mirror, and how you feel. A combination of those. You wanna see muscle definition. The waist line is one of the most important markers for health. It had me close to my "Ideal weight", but I have a problem with the term "body-type". Let's say you are a long distant runner, you are going to have lean muscle tissue, or if you are a power lifter, you are going to have the fast twitch muscle tissue, and circumference on limbs is going to be different. So it's also what you do, your activity level, and what type of activity level. Though I believe being on the carnivore diet, exercise like lifting is quite important. 

It tells me I should be 147. That's 30 more pounds. I would be a toothpick, lol.

I didn't change the wrist circumference value. I really didn't undertand that variable anyway.

The calculator tells me i should be 65kg(143lbs) I am currently 150lbs, last year Ive been 140lbs, so that's totally in my range.
I did measure my wrist, its 17cm(6.7 inch) so my body constitution is asthenic according to the calculator.

If I lower my age factor (20-30kg), it tells me my weight should be 58kg(127lbs) uhmm that is really low, that was my weight when i was 18 orso.

1 hour ago, SuperCow said:

that was my weight when i was 18 orso.

I'm almost to that now. I was hovering around 165 my senior year and post high school, and that was after some weight loss too. I'm 175 now. If I went with the calculator and dropped to 147 I would be a skinny mini for sure, lol. But the guy that works with me is 6' or so and only 150 and he's super skinny, so maybe I could pull it off.

• 1 month later...

That's really interesting. I'm 178cm, 14 inch wrist, and it recommends 8.5 stone or 120lbs thereabouts. I think that's fair. Too often BMI takes no account of bone/frame size. If you have a slight build, you don't carry weight as well and someone with a larger frame.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2024 at 7:26 PM, butterfly said:

That's really interesting. I'm 178cm, 14 inch wrist, and it recommends 8.5 stone or 120lbs thereabouts. I think that's fair. Too often BMI takes no account of bone/frame size. If you have a slight build, you don't carry weight as well and someone with a larger frame.

The scale and the mirror, those are your friend.