• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

For those who have reached their weight loss goals or are close to it, have your friends or family told you that you’re too skinny. Mine have.

While I’m lighter than I’ve been since I was a teenager my waist size is still not at my thinnest. Whereas I was a 40 + inch waist I’m down to a 34 inches but in my prime I was a 32. Also there’s still some belly on me.

What I find funny and maybe a little sad is that we as Americans have have become so overweight as a society that when we see someone who is actually at the normal weight and body size they should be they are labeled too skinny.

I love studying and researching history and a common denominator I see in the old photos of our past is the body composition of those who came before us. The majority of people were thin and wiry.

It’s amazing how social norms have changed in just a few short decades.

Personally I love being called too skinny and it wouldn’t hurt my feelings none if I got even skinnier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, Geezy said:

For those who have reached their weight loss goals or are close to it, have your friends or family told you that you’re too skinny. Mine have.

While I’m lighter than I’ve been since I was a teenager my waist size is still not at my thinnest. Whereas I was a 40 + inch waist I’m down to a 34 inches but in my prime I was a 32. Also there’s still some belly on me.

What I find funny and maybe a little sad is that we as Americans have have become so overweight as a society that when we see someone who is actually at the normal weight and body size they should be they are labeled too skinny.

I love studying and researching history and a common denominator I see in the old photos of our past is the body composition of those who came before us. The majority of people were thin and wiry.

It’s amazing how social norms have changed in just a few short decades.

Personally I love being called too skinny and it wouldn’t hurt my feelings none if I got even skinnier. emoji13.png

That means you are doing a good job. Yes, you can become too skinny, but what we have to consider is body composition. You still want to see muscle tissue, definition. And yes, Americans have gotten so overweight, the social norm has changed on what we deem healthy. Any person who lost tons of weight will look thinner, because of skin, and because they are used to seeing you fuller, if that makes sense. 

I am 5'8 and 139.5, from 148 since I started. I had no weight loss goals. But still around my waist it jumped off and I feel light and energetic. So long as you feel energetic and light, you are not too thin. Again I stress, physical exercise is so important on this diet. We put all those nutrients in our bodies we need to put them to work. 

Americans always have called me skinny. I never got it. I have muscle definition, low body fat, even got abs now! I see myself as being fit. and I always correct a person, I say: no I am fit, not skinny. In fact I've got less skin than you! 

Just keep on doing your thing!

23 hours ago, Geezy said:

Whereas I was a 40 + inch waist I’m down to a 34 inches but in my prime I was a 32. Also there’s still some belly on me.

This describes me to a T. I've been in size 40's, and I used to be in size 32's. I'm currently sporting size 34's. I'm 5'8" and 175, about 13 pounds away from my post-high school weight.

54 minutes ago, Orweller said:

I am 5'8 and 139.5, from 148 since I started.

Wow! Maybe @Geezy's Ideal Weight Loss Calculator was accurate for me after all....

https://carnivoretalk.com/topic/238-ideal-weight-calculator/?do=findComment&comment=1534

Oh, and to answer the question: YES! I have had several people express concern for me and tell me I need to stop losing weight and even that I have lost too much and should put some back on.

cRaZy! 🤪

14 minutes ago, Bob said:

This describes me to a T. I've been in size 40's, and I used to be in size 32's. I'm currently sporting size 34's. I'm 5'8" and 175, about 13 pounds away from my post-high school weight.

Wow! Maybe @Geezy's Ideal Weight Loss Calculator was accurate for me after all....

https://carnivoretalk.com/topic/238-ideal-weight-calculator/?do=findComment&comment=1534

It's how you get to the weight. It's why physical exercise is very important during fat-loss. 

Ive always been "skinny" that is how my body is build. I am 6'0 and about 150lbs. Most heavy Ive ever been is 163.
I think overweight people are little less here then in the USA, but like me, i am called skinny all the time, but my BMI is healthy 20.5

My jeans size is 30

I do have bodyfat, around 18% so i my goals is to lose some fat, and gain it back in muscle, i don't have any muscles to speak of atm 😅

Oh, and to answer the question: YES! I have had several people express concern for me and tell me I need to stop losing weight and even that I have lost too much and should put some back on.
cRaZy! 

Ain’t it great!

• 2 months later...