• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

What are some benefits that you've noticed from this diet?

Besides loing some weigth i have not experience most of the Carnivore diet benefits. However, i was healthy when i started the Carnivore diet. I guess it doest work for healty people or some people were not meant to eat only meat

19 hours ago, Andre said:

However, i was healthy when i started the Carnivore diet.

Well there you go. If you didn't have hypertension, diabetes, IBS, chrohn's or colitis, chronic pain, arthritis, and many other infammatory ailments, then you won't have the same viewpoint as those of us who did suffer from these and reversed our conditions. After years of being told there "was no cure" for these issues, carnivore feels like some miracle to us.

19 hours ago, Andre said:

or some people were not meant to eat only meat

We have a cecum, albeit a small one, so we are designed to consume some plant matter. However, we can function just fine on a strict carnivore diet, and if we have chronic conditions it might even be better, as plant toxins are sometimes at the root of such issues.

We have a cecum, albeit a small one, so we are designed to consume some plant matter. However, we can function just fine on a strict carnivore diet, and if we have chronic conditions it might even be better, as plant toxins are sometimes at the root of such issues.

Not to mention it’s just the way humans were designed to eat. Nothing else is necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/7/2024 at 2:05 PM, Kellie said:

NO HEARTBURN!!! Let me tell you! When I eat junk, like chips and chocolate I get terrible heartburn, sometimes so bad it makes it difficult to breath. 
Something else that happens to be when I go low-carb is my  anxiety lessons significantly. I feel like I can control my emotions much easier. 
I just love the overall feeling being low-carb and the more restrictive I am with my carbs, the better I feel. 

Yes! Just about to post about indigestion and heartburn - lack of…. I no longer need my prescribed medication. I’ve suffered with the above for as long as I can remember and used to think the problem was fatty food! 

I no longer have gas. Like, none. My digestive system isn't audible anymore, like some clapped out old car. It chugs along silently and peacefully. That's so nice. 

My skin is clear, I just wish someone had told me the no-sugar secret back when I was a teen with dreadful cystic acne.

My teeth hurt a lot when I was a cookie monster, and my gums suffered. No bleeding anymore when I brush, and no toothaches.

I think my breath is sweeter in the morning? 

And I think I'm definitely less emotional. My moods aren't being dictated by sugar anymore, so life just feels a lot more stable.

2 hours ago, Sue said:

Yes! Just about to post about indigestion and heartburn - lack of…. I no longer need my prescribed medication. I’ve suffered with the above for as long as I can remember and used to think the problem was fatty food! 

Just saw this, and oh yes! This is a huge one. Back in the day I only had to look at fried food to get acid reflux. Haven't had it since I switched. 

I'd forgotten just how unpleasant it was pre-carnivore.

23 hours ago, Sue said:

I can remember and used to think the problem was fatty food!

Because that is what we we're told. Another lie. 

21 hours ago, butterfly said:

I no longer have gas.

My skin is clear.

I'm definitely less emotional.

Yes, me too on all three of these. I need to add them to my list.