• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

What are some benefits that you've noticed from this diet?

I've been full carnivore for about 2 1/2 - 3 months.  I think it's making my skin softer.  I've started thinking that the skin on my face feels softer.  Then earlier today, while I was on the phone with my cousin.  I took my socks off and it felt like my feet were getting softer.  I use to have rough callouses around my heel.  But I think they've softened.  Not sure if I'm imagining this.  🙂

Anyone else notice specific benefits that were surprising?

My list is so long that sometimes I forget some of it but here goes.
9 months ago, when I became a carnivore, I couldn’t walk a hundred yards without a walking stick for support because of my back. In about 30 days I could walk a mile with no support and after 90 days I was walking 3 miles briskly with no support.
IBS of over 30 years was cured in 30 days. Crohn’s was cured as well.
Inflammation and arthritis 90 % gone. I couldn’t make a fist with my right hand for years but in 2 weeks on carni I could.
Floaters in my eyes noticeably reduced.
My cardiologist has taken me off of one of my heart medications and is wanting to start reducing the other. It’s now been over a month since I’ve noticed a PVC or flutter in my heart.
I don’t think I have sleep apnea anymore.
My dandruff that I’ve had all of my life is gone.
I’ve lost 55 pounds and 32.5 inches over my whole body.
9 months ago at the age of 67 I felt like I was 87 years old and just waiting for death to take me.
Today I feel 47 years old and feel like I’ve got my whole life ahead of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a good post because I need to start writing this down, lol.

• I've lost 50 pounds, going from 225 to 175, from wearing size 38's to size 34's. 
  • I had an issue with skin tags. They are all gone now.
  • Even with medication my blood pressure was 145/95, it's now 118/80 on average.
  • I suffered from knee pain due to being an overweight tile setter. That's gone away.
  • I had ulcerative colitis. I don't anymore (soon to be confirmed).
  • I had severe bleeding gums when I brushed, and this too has gone away.
  • I've gone from always being lethargic and fatigued to having the energy to do anything.

I'll add to this if I remember more.

EDITS:

• No more acne / clear skin.
  • No more gas.
  • More emotionally stable.

So good to read this thread. I’m only a few days into carnivore and I think I let myself get too hungry today. I didn’t think I could face my dinner of chicken and beef. It seemed so boring. I’m making myself eat it, and reading about all the benefits you folks have experienced is helping me feel more positive. Eating this way is so different that sometimes I wonder if I’m mad for doing it. 

On 1/20/2024 at 9:14 AM, Sherry said:

I think it's making my skin softer.

😀 I started thinking exactly the same thing a few days ago, also wondering if I'm imagining it.

I've been at this about 6 weeks, and currently having a flare up of symptoms, but in general my positives are:

More energy, improved mental health, faster healing of infections, improved dental health, better sleep, improved brain function.

17 hours ago, SuperCow said:

Ive only did 5 days of carnivore because i got the flu, but ill restart soon to try it again, im just convinced; This is the way.

Yes, jump back on the wagon. Too bad the flu visited you right as you were trying to start. Once you've got some time and experience behind you, you'll be able to weather the next sickness and stay on plan. 

I want to try making bone broth. I've heard it's great and also good to sip on when down with a virus.

11 hours ago, Jen said:

faster healing of infections

Ah, I can add this to my list as well. Any cuts and scrapes seem to fair a little better. My ankle healed faster than my doctor thought it would when I broke it. I got over covid faster then the rest of my family last December.

To add to my previous post, something that I’ve noticed recently is that I’m not nearly as light sensitive as I used to be.
All my life I’ve had a hard time seeing in daylight without squinting so hard I could barely see, even on cloudy days. I even had to get a physical code when I was in the Army to be able to wear sunglasses in formation. On the plus side though, I had outstanding night vision. Over the years my night vision has faded to the point where I need to use a flashlight in the dark but I still had to use sunglasses anytime I went outside. It was so bad that if I forgot my sunglasses when I went to work I wouldn’t be able to drive home until I bought another pair. I had to make sure that every one of my vehicles had an extra pair of sunglasses stashed just in case.
After about six or seven months as a carnivore I started noticing that I would go outside and forget to take my glasses and it didn’t bother me. So I started purposely not using them when I drove and I’m doing just fine now. Now of course if I’m driving into the sun or it’s reflecting off of the roadway I still need to put them on but this has been an amazing transition. I can’t imagine what it would be about carnivore that would do this but I ain’t complaining.

On 1/22/2024 at 11:31 AM, Geezy said:

I’m not nearly as light sensitive as I used to be

That is interesting. And I have heard some carnivore doctors and influencers speak negatively about sunglasses too.

There are some that claim "carnivores don't get sunburn" but I have a hard time believing that too. Not something I want to run out and test either 😛

There are some that claim "carnivores don't get sunburn" but I have a hard time believing that too. Not something I want to run out and test either

It’s funny you mention that Bob. I’m a very white boy from a German and Scandinavian heritage. I practically glow in the dark. I’ve always been a burn and peel kinda guy. After having a spot removed from my temple I became a sunscreen user. A quick trip into town (14 miles round trip) on my motorcycle could result in a sunburn on my face neck and ears. I had also developed a sun allergy where I would break out in these hard little bumps that would itch and eventually, if I kept scratching them, seep fluid.
After 3 or 4 months as a carnivore I noticed that I was able to work out in the sun for a much longer period of time without burning or burning as bad and the allergy seems to have abated.
I did try this as an experiment because of what Dr. Berry had said about it.
A total cure? Not yet but definitely much improved.

Same with me.  Last year, when I was making all these diet changes, I was told that giving up seed oils, causes you to not burn in the sun.  I'm a professional face painter in Florida, so the sun has always been a big issue.  I have as a requirement that I need some type of overhead shading if the event is outdoors.  Anyway, I decided to test the theory of not burning in the sun anymore.  I didn't burn after an hour in the sun, so there seems to be some validity to this.  But that was just my little experiment, so I wouldn't want to steer anyone else wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

NO HEARTBURN!!! Let me tell you! When I eat junk, like chips and chocolate I get terrible heartburn, sometimes so bad it makes it difficult to breath. 
Something else that happens to be when I go low-carb is my  anxiety lessons significantly. I feel like I can control my emotions much easier. 
I just love the overall feeling being low-carb and the more restrictive I am with my carbs, the better I feel. 

So far the only benefit i exerienced was less hunger and the 17bs i lost in the initial 6 weeks. 

i am now in the middle of week 11. Fat loss stalled, no improve in sleep, energor anithing else.

However i was a healthy individual before starting the Carnivore diet.

it has been more or less like any other diet

12 hours ago, Kellie said:

Something else that happens to be when I go low-carb is my  anxiety lessons significantly. I feel like I can control my emotions much easier.

This is legit. I am currently listening to a book called Brain Energy that explains the links between metabolic health and mental health. It's interesting overall, although there are some boring parts, lol.

On 1/20/2024 at 9:48 AM, Bob said:

This is a good post because I need to start writing this down, lol.

• I've lost 50 pounds, going from 225 to 175, from wearing size 38's to size 34's. 
  • I had an issue with skin tags. They are all gone now.
  • Even with medication my blood pressure was 145/95, it's now 118/80 on average.
  • I suffered from knee pain due to being an overweight tile setter. That's gone away.
  • I had ulcerative colitis. I don't anymore (soon to be confirmed).
  • I had severe bleeding gums when I brushed, and this too has gone away.
  • I've gone from always being lethargic and fatigued to having the energy to do anything.

I'll add to this if I remember more.

I was just reminded of another benefit I have gotten from my carnivore diet....

• No more acne. 

I used to get infected hairs in all sorts of places (I am a hairy guy). But I haven't had a white-head to squeeze in ages.