• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

New guy here . . .

Hi all: I was surprised at how very few forums (active ones, anyway) there are for keto/carnivore dieters. Some I saw had the most recent post a month ago or something. I've been on reddit for years, and recently have been reading their r/carnivore sub. I've made only a few posts there. One got yanked by a bot because I used the word "cholesterol" and another one got yanked because I referenced Dr. Berry. Go figure.

I am a 73M, slender, so no weight issues. I recently got an A1C test and I am in the pre-diabetes range which wasn't surprising, plus I have long standing gut issues. I was somewhat of a keto guy for years, but was slipping with the diet for the past 5 or so years, so I thought I'd get back into it at least -- or maybe even carnivore at least until I get my next A1C check in May. I've been keto for 3 weeks now, and pretty much carnivore for about the past week.

Good deal Eric. Welcome. This WOE is not about weight so your slender profile should not have anything to do with this diet. It’s all about becoming metabolically healthy. That and it’s just the way we should all eat anyways. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard Eric!

2 hours ago, Erik said:

I was surprised at how very few forums (active ones, anyway) there are

Right. There are only 2 others. One has gone into inactivity because it's founder abandoned the carnivore diet AND turned around and attacked his former fellow carnivore diet influencers. It's didn't go over so well on YouTube. I actually emailed him to see if he would give me the database and I would merge it with ours, but he never responded. Probably a good thing, as in hindsight we probably don't want to be connected in any manner.

The other one someone set up in like 2021, and then never promoted it. It's a 3 post ghost town, lol.

2 hours ago, Erik said:

One got yanked by a bot because I used the word "cholesterol" and another one got yanked because I referenced Dr. Berry. Go figure.

I'm over in the Reddit's here and there myself, and have the same experience. Some of those forums have a rigid "auto-mod" set up that automatically hides half the things I try to post in there. And then another one has a mod that is just a plain tyrant. It's weird to have to tread so carefully.

2 hours ago, Erik said:

I thought I'd get back into it at least -- or maybe even carnivore at least until I get my next A1C check in May. I've been keto for 3 weeks now, and pretty much carnivore for about the past week.

Both of these approaches will do the trick, whether you go keto or carnivore. If you do keto, make it a meat-based diet for sure. 

Remember that the A1C is a 3 month snapshot, so be good from now till then 🙂

6 hours ago, Bob said:

Welcome aboard Eric!

Right. There are only 2 others. One has gone into inactivity because it's founder abandoned the carnivore diet AND turned around and attacked his former fellow carnivore diet influencers. It's didn't go over so well on YouTube. I actually emailed him to see if he would give me the database and I would merge it with ours, but he never responded. Probably a good thing, as in hindsight we probably don't want to be connected in any manner.

The other one someone set up in like 2021, and then never promoted it. It's a 3 post ghost town, lol.

I'm over in the Reddit's here and there myself, and have the same experience. Some of those forums have a rigid "auto-mod" set up that automatically hides half the things I try to post in there. And then another one has a mod that is just a plain tyrant. It's weird to have to tread so carefully.

Both of these approaches will do the trick, whether you go keto or carnivore. If you do keto, make it a meat-based diet for sure. 

Remember that the A1C is a 3 month snapshot, so be good from now till then 🙂

Thanks. Regarding reddit, apparently it would be much easier for them to show what words ARE allowed, it would probably be a shorter list. 🙂