• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Salt necessary?

Guest Robert

8 hours ago, Guest Robert said:

I'm still curious to know whether it was this shake (which I had 5-6x daily), that was still the cause of the inner ear severe flare-up? Could it have taken 3 weeks to get to point where it was an obvious big problem?

So the way to test that, IF you want, is to do Lion Diet for at least 30 days or until your symptoms disappear. Then reintroduce JUST the shake (Lion Diet + shakes) and see if the symptoms return. If they do, we can pretty much assume it's something in the shake.

2 hours ago, Guest computerwiz said:

Do you live in the US?  If so, yeah you are almost guaranteed to have leaky gut.  Its the reason we have so many allergies & auto-immune disorders all over the place now.

This is true. That's why they call it the "Standard American Diet". It's SAD (get it, lol :laugh:).

Round Up is in all our foods, and tears up the gut lining.

Glyphosate. They spray it on everything. It is best to try and avoid consuming anything treated with glyphosate as much as humanly possible, for sure. 👍

My wife's ulcerative colitis and sensitivity to gluten & dairy have been cured thanks to 6 months of ION Gut supplements.  And she (and well all of us really) have to take it for the rest of our lives in this system...or until Round Up is banned.

Glad to hear she has found a way to find some relief. 

As you may recall, I had terrible ulcerative colitis. I cured mine by quitting coffee. This fixed it to where I didn't need meds anymore. I feel like my carnivore diet put the final nail in the coffin of my UC but I can't really prove it. Quitting coffee gets most of the credit in my case.

What was in the coffee? Who knows? Oxylates maybe. Too much caffeine. Glyphosate. Mold. A combination of all of the above? I'm just glad it's gone and I still have my colon.

I doubt Roundup will get banned in the USA. Money controls everything over here.

Guest computerwiz
On 6/14/2024 at 7:22 PM, Bob said:

I cured mine by quitting coffee. This fixed it to where I didn't need meds anymore. I feel like my carnivore diet put the final nail in the coffin of my UC but I can't really prove it. Quitting coffee gets most of the credit in my case.

How bizarre!

But it does make sense...auto-immune disorders have many different "secondary causes" (nothing's off the table) but the primary cause is an "angry" immune system.  First you have to figure out what is making it angry (most likely Round Up causing leaky gut, which the immune system has to clean up) and then you have all your "secondary causes" (the things that take your immune system over the edge, like coffee).  In reality, coffee wasn't the "cause", but it was "the last straw" for your particular immune system.

Switching to carnivore helps so many people because guess what?  The animal's kidneys & liver filter out much of the chemicals that we are getting directly from eating fruits, vegetables, & wheat.  So while there still might be some chemicals in your meat, not nearly as much as if you ate fruits, veggies, and wheat directly.

The Standard American Diet (SAD, as you say 😁) gets you about 2 gallons of Drano worth of chemicals.  Yummy!  Better believe that's doing something to all of us.  And as my holistic doctor says, Round Up is even in organic food (from spray overs, runoff, etc.).  Just not as much....

If you have or are at risk of getting UC again, you should be careful not to have any meat that has antibiotics in it.  Your system is too sensitive and further damage to your gut from antibiotics could cause your UC to flare up again.

On 6/17/2024 at 9:52 AM, Guest computerwiz said:

Switching to carnivore helps so many people because guess what?  The animal's kidneys & liver filter out much of the chemicals that we are getting directly from eating fruits, vegetables, & wheat.  So while there still might be some chemicals in your meat, not nearly as much as if you ate fruits, veggies, and wheat directly.

And ruminant animals, with their multichambered stomachs, do even better and breaking down the plant's self defense toxins that they consume. That's why beef is one of the purest, most nutrient dense foods available.

The Standard American Diet (SAD, as you say 😁) gets you about 2 gallons of Drano worth of chemicals.

Disgusting, lol. Do have a reference for that in a study somewhere? That would be a valuable reference/resource.

And as my holistic doctor says, Round Up is even in organic food (from spray overs, runoff, etc.).

I was listening to a video while driving around this morning that said the very same thing about organic foods and spray-overs.

If you have or are at risk of getting UC again, you should be careful not to have any meat that has antibiotics in it.  Your system is too sensitive and further damage to your gut from antibiotics could cause your UC to flare up again.

Here in the USA, if an animal is given an antibiotic, the law requires several weeks to pass before that animal can be slaughtered, to give it's body enough time to exrete or break it down. The odds of ingesting antibiotics are actually pretty low.

Guest computerwiz
On 6/18/2024 at 1:28 PM, Bob said:

Disgusting, lol. Do have a reference for that in a study somewhere? That would be a valuable reference/resource.

I'm not sure where my holistic doctor got that info from.  I'll have to ask.  But it is clear everywhere you look that we are certainly ingesting a LOT of chemicals.

https://youtu.be/UPirDWfxfKc

https://youtu.be/Aw16LPVnNco

https://www.ewg.org/tapwater/?gad_source=1 (check all the chemicals in your local water)

AI's response:

The claim that Americans ingest between 12-14 pounds of chemicals each year is not directly substantiated by specific studies, but there is evidence suggesting significant exposure to various chemicals and contaminants through food, water, and air.

1. Ultra-Processed Foods: Americans consume a large amount of ultra-processed foods, which contain numerous food additives and chemicals. The Environmental Working Group (EWG) notes that almost all food chemicals approved since 2000 have been greenlit by the chemical industry rather than the FDA, raising concerns about potential health impacts (EWG).

2. Microplastics: A study found that Americans ingest tens of thousands of microplastic particles annually, with estimates ranging from 39,000 to 52,000 particles through food and water, increasing to 74,000-121,000 particles when inhalation is included (Yale E360). These particles can release toxic chemicals and potentially cause health issues.

3. PFAS in Food Packaging: Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS), often found in food packaging, can leach into food and contribute to chemical ingestion. These substances have been linked to various health problems and persist in the environment, making them a significant concern (FoodPrint).

4. Chemical Residues in Food: The presence of pesticides, heavy metals, and other industrial chemicals in food is well-documented. For instance, pesticides like glyphosate and permethrin, and heavy metals like arsenic and cadmium, are found in various foods and have associated health risks (EWG).

While it is challenging to pinpoint an exact figure for the total weight of chemicals ingested annually, the cumulative exposure to a wide range of substances through different sources suggests that the overall intake of harmful chemicals could indeed be substantial.

I'd spend more time searching if I had the time, but that's all I could find right now.

On 6/18/2024 at 1:28 PM, Bob said:

Here in the USA, if an animal is given an antibiotic, the law requires several weeks to pass before that animal can be slaughtered, to give it's body enough time to exrete or break it down. The odds of ingesting antibiotics are actually pretty low.

That's assuming people know the law & actually follow it.  I know a brother who has Ulcerative Colitis and cannot eat meat from animals that had antibiotics.  He noticed his symptoms disappeared once he made that connection and avoided such meat.