• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

On 5/29/2024 at 11:22 PM, Bob said:

I haven't used my treadmill yet. I think I need to. I was running with my dog at the park and my legs just felt super heavy. Hopefully I am just out of practice. I don't run much these days.

Run 1 minute, walk two minutes, do that for 20 minutes. That is how you quickly get into running without injury or discouragement. Do it until you are bored with it. Congratulations, you are a runner now. 

The 1st sprint of the week was delayed till Thursday. I didn't time it today. 

I feel like my body is responding well, rejoicing even. I tried to jog a bit and my body reacted with dread so I slowed to a walk and then did another sprint back to my vehicle.

I worked the 12-hour night shift, did my 40 minute commute and then lifted for maybe 40 minutes or so. Nothing killer, light weights and a lot of reps per set. I skipped walking this morning.

Losing weight and not having to take the prescription has been way more than i expected and even more than I would have asked.

I'm hoping I can get back to being able to do push-ups and burpees and sprints. The NMO leaves me a bit dizzy with these exercises. If I get down and do push-ups I'm way dizzy when I get up, sometimes I just plop down for a few seconds. 

Time will tell.

Scott

I walked a mile and a quarter this evening. Would have been a mile and a half but the neighbor insisted I ride to the top of the hill. 

I normally walk a mile. Half to the top then back. Cept this time the neighbors and kids were down at the creek which is another quarter, so I walked on down to visit. 

Made the 3.0 mile walk the last two days. This morning was a bit rough coming off my 12-hour night shift but not the end of the world.

Tomorrow morning, I plan to get the lift in and then do he walk. 

I always have big plans on the forty-minute ride home but not often do they come to fruition. LOL

Scott

1 mile on the track. 

1 100m sprint

1 lawn mowed

At the track there was someone receiving some personal type of training. The trainer was in terrible shape. I wondered if he is eating a lot of plants and avoiding red meat to try to maintain his figure. The dude had a huge belly and cankles.  I don't mean to sound rude, but I wanted ask him where he gets off trying to instruct physical fitness given his current state. The client probably just liked being told what to do so he didn't have to think about it, I get that, but I have a problem paying for services when the provider clearly doesn't have their $#;! together. I would feel like I was getting ripped.