• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Negative feedback loop

Go to solution Solved by Geezy,

Maybe something interesting to consider:
Aged meat is prized. It is meat which has been allowed time to decay. The decay is what makes it so tender. It is carrion. Somewhere along the line some people made a discovery. Maybe there was desperation involved. Maybe ignorance. Maybe the environment was generally so unsanitary there was not enough striking contrast to call attention to the rotten condition of what people were willing to eat.

This is true even today. All beef when processed is hung for a specific amount of time to start the dry aging process. If you are having a beeve custom processed you can request any time you want for the carcass to hang.
Then, many people will continue to dry age their steaks at home before cooking them. I will often salt and dry age my steaks for up to a week.
My beeves hang for a minimum of 7 days.
The difference between dry aging and what they were doing in the early days of the Industrial revolution is with dry aging it’s done under refrigeration and the other was just meat going rotten and putrid. Both are a form of decomp but one under controlled conditions and the other is just the meat going rancid. Big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/23/2024 at 9:40 AM, Scott F. said:

I didn't see the point in wasting it so I ate what amounted to a 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon. It was good and I didn't see any negative impacts.

1 Tablespoon has 3g of "sugar" from high fructose corn syrup. So at best, you had 1.5-2g of carbs. That won't have any negative impact by itself. 

On 6/23/2024 at 9:40 AM, Scott F. said:

But I punished myself by taking on 3 or 4 tenths onto my morning walk. Sort of paying tribute to the carnivore gods. LOL

Repent and turn around, and you will receive mercy, lol 😄