• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Memorable Cooking Disaster

• 4 months later...

I took a break from cooking the day I made a poor jollof rice. I noticed that it was salty, and that was the period that my woman came around. I couldn't even cope then, but I am glad now that everything is getting better and I am becoming a better version of a chef that I wanted to be for long.

The only thing that comes to mind is I way over salted some wild goose gumbo once. Other than that I can’t think of anything drastic enough to be called a disaster. I’m actually a pretty good cook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't think of any. I know I've had some cooking disasters, but these were events not worth remembering, lol.

• 4 weeks later...
I wanted to melt some cheese on some pork rinds. I don't have a functional microwave. I put the pork rinds on a pampered chef stone  and placed them under the broiler. 
They caught fire! 

Hahaha! Sorry to laugh but that’s funny.
Next time just put them on a baking pan then pop them into a 350° oven for about 5 minutes or until the cheese melts how you like it. Nachos were made this way long before microwaves were invented and truth be known may even taste better that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, so it's not my disaster, but an ex-girlfriend's. She was cooking something in oil on the stove, got a phone call, and laid down on the bed to talk on the phone and forgot she had something on the stove. After a while I sensed something was burning and the whole pan was in flames. We had a 2nd floor apartment and I grabbed that pan with an oven mit and ran it down the hall, down the stairs, and threw it outside in the front lawn, lol. I was not a happy camper at that moment, lol.

7 hours ago, Bob said:

Okay, so it's not my disaster, but an ex-girlfriend's. She was cooking something in oil on the stove, got a phone call, and laid down on the bed to talk on the phone and forgot she had something on the stove. After a while I sensed something was burning and the whole pan was in flames. We had a 2nd floor apartment and I grabbed that pan with an oven mit and ran it down the hall, down the stairs, and threw it outside in the front lawn, lol. I was not a happy camper at that moment, lol.

My husband randomly stopped by his parents house and found this exact situation. Mil was cooking sausage in oil🤢