• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Bison or Beef Liver Pate

I was asked to post some recipes of mine so I’m starting a thread just do recipes. It would be nice if this topic had its own forum.

Everyone feel free to post up their recipes.

Recipe : Now there are some non carnivore ingredients in this pate so adjust it to your diet spectrum. I generally make two different batches, one for my wife and a more carnivore friendly version for me which cuts out the onions and mushrooms. Now that it appears that my weight has stabilized and these things don’t bother me I’ll start adding them back in my pate.

Bison or Beef Liver Pate

•. Buttermilk enough to cove liver. I use 1 pint

• 1 small onion, minced

• 8 medium mushrooms chopped

• 4 cloves garlic, minced

• 1 pound bison or beef liver

• 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced

• 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced

•. 1 cup coconut oil or duck fat, melted

•. 3 tbs balsamic vinegar

• ½ teaspoon sea salt

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Cube liver and cover with buttermilk. Refrigerate for a minimum of two hours. (I prefer 24 hours)

2. Split the fat and put half in frying pan. Add the onion and mushrooms, and cook until soft on medium-high. Add the garlic and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the liver, sprinkling with the herbs. Cook for 3-5 minutes per side, until just pink in the center. Add balsamic vinegar and reduce liquid.

3. Turn off heat, and place contents into a blender or food processor with the remaining oil and sea salt. Process until it forms a thick paste, adding more oil if too thick.

4. Garnish with some fresh herbs and serve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Bob changed the title to Bison or Beef Liver Pate