• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Cuts of meat for Strick Carnivore and eating fat

Hey, what's up guys!

I need some advice on cuts of meat to eat on the carnivore (strick Carnivore diet) diet. I've been eating mostly red meat (chuck steak and neck steak. Those cuts fit  my budget), chicken thighs, and whole eggs. I have been stuck in my fat loss for over 1 month. I was advised to eat about 70-75% of my calories/food from fat. However,i have been eating more or less a 1:1 fat to protein ration 

How can I add fat to leaner cuts of meat and how to measure the amount of fat I'm eating (I don't want to eat too much fat, increase my calorie intake too much and get fat. I need to lose at least 15 pounds of fat. Now it's more like 20 )

Does anyone know who to add fat to and how to measure it?

Thanks

New York Strip and Ribeyes are some nice fatty cuts of meat. If you cook them in a pan instead of a grill you can collect the fat, pour it on top or use it for dipping sauce. People who love to grill their meat will often put a pad of butter on it to melt to make up for the lost fat. Also, ground beed that is 80/20 or better yet 70/30 is a great way to get in some fat. And don't forget bacon.

But for leaner cuts, you will want to use butter, ghee, tallow, or find a recipe for a carnivore friendly sauce to use for dipping.

On 2/15/2024 at 11:08 PM, Andre said:

I have been stuck in my fat loss for over 1 month. I was advised to eat about 70-75% of my calories/food from fat. However,i have been eating more or less a 1:1 fat to protein ratio

You do hit 70% with that 1:1 ratio. At 4 calories per gram of protein and 9 calories per gram of fat, you get 30% calories from protein and 70% calories from fat. The way to get more fat is through butter, heavy cream, tallow, etc.

On 2/15/2024 at 11:08 PM, Andre said:

I don't want to eat too much fat, increase my calorie intake too much and get fat.

If you don't overeat you should be fine. Some stall when they include dairy, such as cheese. 

I was stalled since mid-November, but I also was intentional about stopping my weight loss. This week, I've been trying to be mostly Lion Diet (beef only) and 2 meals a day, and I've dropped 2 pounds so far.

Track your food on an app. Track your weight on an app. Even for a little while it will teach you a lot about what you eat and what it does to you. Other than that, for weight loss? portion control, see how well you do on less calories. I normally eat 2200 calories, on carnivore I do well on 1600 calories. Something I learned through using an app. I've added calories/carbs a bit to stall my wieght loss as it is not needed, 12% BF here.