• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

So, a conversation with my son, who started me on carnivore for my health.

Son: “Dad, why do you eat vegetables?”

Me: “Well, because they’re good for you and I like them. “

Son: “Well they’re really not all that good for you but we’ll discuss that in a minute. So let me ask you this. Have you always liked vegetables?”

Me: “No, I hated them as a kid but your mother helped me learn to like them.”

Son: “Is there any vegetable you can eat without putting something on it or can you eat just like it is?”

Me: “No, I don’t think I could eat any of them just by themselves.”

Son: “So what do you like to put on them?”

Me: “Oh you know, butter, cheese, salad dressing, bacon, lots of seasonings.”

Son: “So what your saying is, it’s not the vegetables that you like, it’s what you put on the vegetables that you like.”

Ding,ding,ding,ding,ding went the bell in my head.

The majority of the toppings that I used on veggies was an animal product or sugary and that was the only way I could make them palatable.

My awakening is that if I can’t eat it plain without putting something on it to make it palatable then my body doesn’t need it.

As I heard Old Guy Carnivore say, “Food is no longer for pleasure and entertainment but is now for nutrition and health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only vegetables that I can think of that I actually enjoy raw is green pepper, and cucumber, but those should be thought of as fruits, just like a tomato is acknowledged to be a fruit, and is tasty. Most fruits are, most vegetables aren't. I almost wanted to add cauliflower and broccoli to this list but then I thought about it and yeah, I would rather dip in in ranch or cook it and serve it with butter and salt.

9 hours ago, Geezy said:

Son: “Well they’re really not all that good for you but we’ll discuss that in a minute.

Did he? It almost sounds like he was onto this carnivore thing before you 🙂

Yes he did. That’s how I got started on carnivore. He explained to me about the toxins in plants and why they have them. He went on to explain why seeds and seed oils are so bad for us. He gave me several resources to study for myself and make up my own mind and when I did it all made sense to me. Perfect sense.
I figured I’d try it for 30 days and see what happens. I had so many improvements in that 30 days that I did another 30 days. It just kept getting better so I continued for 30 more. After 90 days I was healed of nearly every ailment that had plagued me for decades. Now 162 days later I know for a fact in my most inner being that this not only the right way to eat but it is the only way I will ever eat.
I told my wife the other day, that I’m so committed to this lifestyle now that if I’m ever in the hospital again that she’s going to be kept busy bringing me food to eat because I’m not eating the “heart healthy” food they try to shove on us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Geezy said:

if I’m ever in the hospital again that she’s going to be kept busy bringing me food to eat because I’m not eating the “heart healthy” food they try to shove on us

Ironically, I started my carnivore journey in the hospital when I broke my ankle. They actually showed me a menu and I was able to order sausage, bacon, and eggs. I was in recovery post-op, and that was day 1 for me 🙂