• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Carnivore is a fanatical right-wing, male diet, right?

Carnivore is a fanatical right-wing, male diet, right?

The media shoehorns carnivore into a culture-war narrative, far from the truth.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.ama

MAY 17, 2024

To read the stories on carnivore is to learn that the diet is the domain of toxic right-wing, muscle-obsessed men, aligned with “hustle and gym bro culture.” A typical introduction to meat-eating in these articles might be an image of a cowboy or grill-happy dude in a red state where “[S]erving beef at your cookout is as a patriotic as buying a gun” (New Yorker2019).  Carnivores who eat mostly meat, we’re told, come “tauntingly close to…toxic, alpha-male culture (Bon Appetit); they’re “stoking a rising wave of toxic masculinity online” (Rolling Stone) and represent a “stomach-churning embrace of [the] hypermasculine” (The New Republic).  Veins bulging out of their oversized arms, carnivore men who would have previously been “outcast[s], living on the fringes of society” can now use social media to inflict themselves on our attention, causing us to be “pulveris[z]ed by the worst cunts alive” (Vice).

This florid, dehumanizing language is, shockingly, the norm. Journalists have worked themselves into a frenzy of hyperbolic descriptions, which is alarming given that—can we agree?—discussions on food and health should not, as a starting point, be heavily politicized. People select what they eat often for health reasons, and as we’ll see, the choice of meat is no different.

{MORE}

---------------------------

The above is just a snippet. Read the whole article here....

ARTICLE SOURCE: https://unsettledscience.substack.com/p/carnivore-is-a-fanatical-right-wing

I hope this isn't required reading 😉 I heard a snippet from Bill Maher where he referred to colleges as @#$hole factories. They have changed so much since my brief sojourn there in the early 90's. I saw the writing on the wall in the early 2000's when I thought I would try some night classes. By 2017 I told my eldest that there was no way we were going to cosign on an extended stay at an adult year round "summer camp" we encouraged her to use her savings, that would easily pay for a trade school education. These "higher learning" institutions have become the new asylums. When I was in school they still explained critical thinking and taught us how to spot the difference between fact and sales pitches or in this case propaganda. Unfortunately a lot of people must have slept through that class. I have a hard time reading these articles because they are silly, stupid, and baseless, but are trying to pass themselves off as very important. I have also noticed in the past 15-20 years that what passes as good writing is often screed filled drek. 🤢

Rant over.

Fanatical Right Wing Male Diet?
Ok, I’ll wear that badge proudly while I’m beating the snot out of some left wing little soy boy with pink and green hair wearing a mask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Miranda said:

I hope this isn't required reading 

No it isn't, lol. But the article is written by Nina Teicholz, who authored "The Big Fat Surprise". She's a good person and is on our side 😉

Her article is quite lengthy, so much so that I didn't feel comfortable copying and pasting the whole thing. It's more of a long-winded blog entry and isn't likely to go anywhere soon, unlike some of these media stories that disappear after a while.

9 hours ago, Geezy said:

Fanatical Right Wing Male Diet?
Ok, I’ll wear that badge proudly while I’m beating the snot out of some left wing little soy boy with pink and green hair wearing a mask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone who doesn't ascribe to what the "anointed" have deemed righteous is now a radical right winger.

9 hours ago, MG426 said:

Does anyone ?....And I mean anyone..? Care what any of these people think..? because I surely Dont...!

Reversed issues, lost weight, feel great. If that makes me an "alpha-male" or gives me super hypermasculinity, then I'll take it. 😄

21 minutes ago, Bob said:

Reversed issues, lost weight, feel great. If that makes me an "alpha-male" or gives me super hypermasculinity, then I'll take it. 😄

Lost 35 lbs.... Gotten off of Insulin and Glipizide...Blood pressure down from 160 over 90 ....to 108 over 60 ..... I care what I think..Just sayin..

I am sure we all know that we are being conditioned to always be in strive, you'll be put in a category and expect you to defend that. Don't be in a tribe, don't identify yourself with what you eat. Just do what you do while being a universal mind, that can agree or disagree with a myriad of propositions, without becoming hateful. It is a distraction after all, this cultural thing. We live in a country that adds a TRILLION dollars of deficit every 100 days, we are witnessing a desperate attempt, to distract us from the notion, we are being goose stepped into a WW3 situation, to distract us from how recklessly our money was wasted for years to come, and how poorly we treat our veterans, distracting us from their attempts to poison us and our children. Do not place your selves in the trenches they are digging for you, keep spreading positivity, be the example. 

Edited by Orweller