• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

just started/just joined

I didn't see this a couple of days ago when I joined. I'm not much with the computers.

I'm Scott, 54, from North Carolina. At 6'2" and 306 I have been overweight most of my adult life (post military anyway). I work rotating 12 hours swing shifts that manage to be 13+ most every shift. Any change in lifestyle is hard based on work schedule alone. 

First time on any diet in 15+ years. I would describe mine as 'dumpster diet'. I started every day with a Mountain Dew and a Little Debbie cake, almost like it is the gospel. Mostly I ate healthy meals but the in between stuff has always been trash.

I got the first thirty days done without reading the instructions other than 'consume only meat/animal products'. 

I'm shooting for 30 more days now.

I have lots of questions.

Scott

We are glad you joined us and glad you got started with this WOE (Way Of Eating).
Will Rodgers once said, “There’s three kinds of people in this world, those who learn from watching, those who learn from reading and then there’s always that one fellow that’s just got to pee on that electric fence to find out for himself.
Me? I’m the one who reads. I did my research before I jumped in. I’m also the guy who read the manual when I buy a new car.
I think I know which one you are .
Seriously though. You’ve chosen the proper way to eat for optimal health.
Bare in mind that this isn’t a diet in the conventional sense of weight loss. It’s a healing diet that is a committed lifestyle. This is all about healing your metabolism and a wonderful part of that healing process is weight loss.
Anytime you got questions we will do our best to help answer them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, Scott F. said:

I got the first thirty days done without reading the instructions other than 'consume only meat/animal products'. 

I'm shooting for 30 more days now.

I have lots of questions.

That's the gist of it 😉

Keep doing what you're doing. And ask away. 

Welcome aboard!

:welcome: