• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Do you name the critters that your going to eat?

We always did. Saved on coming up with new names. "Bacon, Pork chop, Ham hock".  Then there were the twin calves, "Tony Baloney and Tommy Salami". 🙂 I've had about a half dozen Taurus's. 

I remember the last hog I had processed. As I lead him off the trailer (Com'on Porkchop). The lady there said, I just can't believe your going to eat your pet.  😄

8 hours ago, ol_hilly said:

I've had about a half dozen Taurus's.

What's that?

When I think of a Taurus I think of a car manufactured by Ford. When I Google it, I just get pages of results about astrological stuff.

5 hours ago, Bob said:

What's that?

When I think of a Taurus I think of a car manufactured by Ford. When I Google it, I just get pages of results about astrological stuff.

Taurus was just a name for several steers. Taurus being the astrological sign of the bull. Just seemed to fit, especially if they were born in that time of year. 

Yes we do or I should say my wife does. If I name them it’s always a food name. Sir Loin, T-Bone, Riblet, Dinner, you get the idea. My wife tends to get cute with them. She named five of our calves after Lonesome Dove characters. Two of our ewes were names Thelma and Louise. Our last ram lamb was named Ramsey. Our two lates calves are Stanley and Stella, bonus points if you can name that movie.
Growing up my daughter wouldn’t eat any animal we named but now that she’s a grown woman raising her own animals it’s no longer a problem for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I had goats, I would name them after the folks I worked with. We hd a high turnover so I never ran outta names. ... One day I asked Rosie if she felt alright? She asked why. I told her that her four legged counterpart passed away the night before. 🙂