• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Hi 🙂

I started my carnivore diet jurney 7 days ago.
Im 24yo, weight 63kg, 1.74cm.

I started this diet because of three main reasons:

1. Although im lean, workout everyday and eat healthy(at least I think so) I have severe sleep apnea.

I saw some people that says this diet helps, anyone has a personal experience and can say it helped him?

2. I was involved in a car accident 6 years ago and since then im suffering from all sorts of pain around my body from the neck to my foot, it caused sacroelitiss, hernieted discs in the neck and lower back, cervical myelopathy and so forth...

I tried numerous treatments during those years, and im streching everyday, nothing helped, and what gave a bit of relief disnt last more that a day or two.

I understood that it can help with inflammation in the body.

Do you guys have positive experiences from carnivore diet related to injuries ?

3. Lastly, I have flat warts for a few years, didnt manage to make them go away, did carnivore diet helped for someone regarding this?

Would really appriciate to here some of your personal experiences 🙏

At 26 I was in a bad car wreck that left me with career changing, lifelong injuries so I can definitely empathize with you.
Sleep apnea. From what I’ve seen from going to my sleep doctor, most of the patients are overweight. With you being lean I don’t know if any of what I say will apply to you but this is what it’s done for me. I was put on a bipap machine for my “moderate/severe “ apnea. I’ve been a carnivore for 171 days now and I believe it has helped my apnea. Going into the settings on my machine I’ve turned the inhale way down to we’re I hardly notice and have done the same for the exhale. It feels more like normal breathing to me now and is much more comfortable. My hourly incidents are down to .4 or less. Some nights even zero. At my next appointment with my doctor I’m going to see if I can get another sleep study done and see if I can get off this machine.

Your pain. I feel for you. I’ve had many injuries and surgeries in my 67 years and I won’t go into great detail on them all but suffice it to say, there’s been so many that I have a hard time remembering them all. I’ve had a protruding compressed disk in my back since I was in my thirties and then in my fifties I developed spinal stenosis. I end up having surgery for both issues. While it definitely helped it left me with massive inflammation and throughout my back. It got so bad that I couldn’t walk a hundred yards without support. I had so much pain in my right knee that I couldn’t get anymore shots in the knee and the doctors were taking replacement. My right hip was so full of arthritis they were talking about replacing it too. My left hip was replaced in 2000. I was a mechanic for 41 years and my right hand hurt so much that I couldn’t close it to make a fist and holding onto my tools was difficult.
Within one month on strict carnivore most of my pain was gone. Within 6 weeks I was walking 2.5 miles briskly with no pain. My inflammation and arthritis are gone.
I can make a fist again. That’s the up side. The downside, carnivore will not fix the disk that is still compressed and protruding. I will always have to be careful of how I use my back and it can still get to hurting pretty good if I overuse it but the difference between then and now is nothing short of miraculous for me. While carnivore will definitely help with inflammation I don’t believe I will fix damaged joints but it is a massive improvement. My knee doesn’t hurt anymore and neither does my hip.
I can’t speak on your warts but I’ve heart that it some people have had positive results.
Whether you’re overweight or normal weight, this carnivore is lifestyle way of eating that is meant to heal your body and make it metabolically healthy. It is the way we were designed to fuel our bodies.
Man was never meant to eat sugar, grains and seed oils. Fruits and vegetables were only meant to be used as starvation food.
Animal products are all the human body needs to function properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Geezy said:

At 26 I was in a bad car wreck that left me with career changing, lifelong injuries so I can definitely empathize with you.
Sleep apnea. From what I’ve seen from going to my sleep doctor, most of the patients are overweight. With you being lean I don’t know if any of what I say will apply to you but this is what it’s done for me. I was put on a bipap machine for my “moderate/severe “ apnea. I’ve been a carnivore for 171 days now and I believe it has helped my apnea. Going into the settings on my machine I’ve turned the inhale way down to we’re I hardly notice and have done the same for the exhale. It feels more like normal breathing to me now and is much more comfortable. My hourly incidents are down to .4 or less. Some nights even zero. At my next appointment with my doctor I’m going to see if I can get another sleep study done and see if I can get off this machine.

Your pain. I feel for you. I’ve had many injuries and surgeries in my 67 years and I won’t go into great detail on them all but suffice it to say, there’s been so many that I have a hard time remembering them all. I’ve had a protruding compressed disk in my back since I was in my thirties and then in my fifties I developed spinal stenosis. I end up having surgery for both issues. While it definitely helped it left me with massive inflammation and throughout my back. It got so bad that I couldn’t walk a hundred yards without support. I had so much pain in my right knee that I couldn’t get anymore shots in the knee and the doctors were taking replacement. My right hip was so full of arthritis they were talking about replacing it too. My left hip was replaced in 2000. I was a mechanic for 41 years and my right hand hurt so much that I couldn’t close it to make a fist and holding onto my tools was difficult.
Within one month on strict carnivore most of my pain was gone. Within 6 weeks I was walking 2.5 miles briskly with no pain. My inflammation and arthritis are gone.
I can make a fist again. That’s the up side. The downside, carnivore will not fix the disk that is still compressed and protruding. I will always have to be careful of how I use my back and it can still get to hurting pretty good if I overuse it but the difference between then and now is nothing short of miraculous for me. While carnivore will definitely help with inflammation I don’t believe I will fix damaged joints but it is a massive improvement. My knee doesn’t hurt anymore and neither does my hip.
I can’t speak on your warts but I’ve heart that it some people have had positive results.
Whether you’re overweight or normal weight, this carnivore is lifestyle way of eating that is meant to heal your body and make it metabolically healthy. It is the way we were designed to fuel our bodies.
Man was never meant to eat sugar, grains and seed oils. Fruits and vegetables were only meant to be used as starvation food.
Animal products are all the human body needs to function properly.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

I really hope to see similar results.

So you eat only beef chicken fish and eggs?

This is what im doing right now, most of what I eat is a high fat ground beef, but I would love to add a bit of things if it wont hurt the progress.

Like vegs and fruits, olives and olive oil.

Sushi that I will make once in a while will hurt? Without suger and bad stuff ofcurse

Should I wait a month with just beef?

What would you recommend?

What I eat, in order of nutrition, is beef, lamb (I raise my own), venison (I hunt a lot), eggs (from my chickens or from neighbors), pork (both store bought and wild boar I hunt), liver, omega 3 rich fish, seafood (shrimp, oysters,etc), chicken. I generally drown my chicken in butter. If any of the meat I’m eating is lean then it gets covered in butter.
I cook with only ghee, butter, tallow, bacon fat or lard. I have some olive oils and avocado oil but I only use it when I run out of animal fats.
I primarily use sea salt or pink salt but will use any salt if necessary. I do occasionally use some other seasonings but very sparingly. They do not cause any issues in my body. They may affect others though.
I will not eat any sugars or sugar substitutes. I will not eat anything that has any kind of foods that have added sugars or sweeteners of any kind. I will not eat anything that has any kind of grain or nut in it. I will not consume and seed oils. I will not eat and fruits or vegetables. When my body stabilizes at its optimal level I may, on occasion try introducing a little onion, garlic or mushrooms in my cooking because I do love those flavors but if It affects me it any way then it’ll be gone forever.
I drink one cup of bulletproof tea in the morning and then it’s plenty of water throughout the day.
For supplements I use LMNT electrolyte mix everyday and take a D3 vitamin, CoQ10, a 500mg magnesium capsule (for bowel issues) and I have one heart med that I have to take. It used to be two heart meds but my diet has improved my metabolic heathy so well that my cardiologist took me off one of them.

That’s all I can think of right now but as you can see, I have a lot of variety in what I eat.

29 minutes ago, Geezy said:

What I eat, in order of nutrition, is beef, lamb (I raise my own), venison (I hunt a lot), eggs (from my chickens or from neighbors), pork (both store bought and wild boar I hunt), liver, omega 3 rich fish, seafood (shrimp, oysters,etc), chicken. I generally drown my chicken in butter. If any of the meat I’m eating is lean then it gets covered in butter.
I cook with only ghee, butter, tallow, bacon fat or lard. I have some olive oils and avocado oil but I only use it when I run out of animal fats.
I primarily use sea salt or pink salt but will use any salt if necessary. I do occasionally use some other seasonings but very sparingly. They do not cause any issues in my body. They may affect others though.
I will not eat any sugars or sugar substitutes. I will not eat anything that has any kind of foods that have added sugars or sweeteners of any kind. I will not eat anything that has any kind of grain or nut in it. I will not consume and seed oils. I will not eat and fruits or vegetables. When my body stabilizes at its optimal level I may, on occasion try introducing a little onion, garlic or mushrooms in my cooking because I do love those flavors but if It affects me it any way then it’ll be gone forever.
I drink one cup of bulletproof tea in the morning and then it’s plenty of water throughout the day.
For supplements I use LMNT electrolyte mix everyday and take a D3 vitamin, CoQ10, a 500mg magnesium capsule (for bowel issues) and I have one heart med that I have to take. It used to be two heart meds but my diet has improved my metabolic heathy so well that my cardiologist took me off one of them.

That’s all I can think of right now but as you can see, I have a lot of variety in what I eat.

I will take that in mind thank.

Did it help you with any of the above I wrote?

1 hour ago, Matan1262 said:

Would love tk hear some more experiences with health benefits you guys had when you transitioned to carnivore diet

As already mentioned, my arthritis and inflammation is gone. 
IBS and Crohn’s disease cured. 
Blood pressure got so low that my cardiologist had to take me off of one of my meds because I had brought it down naturally and the meds were taking it down too low artificially. I’m noticing that my dandruff has cleared up after nearly fifty years. My heart palpitations have reduced greatly. My energy is way up. And I’ve lost 45 pounds. 
I feel better at 67 than I did at 50. 
I will never eat any other way again because I know, without a doubt, that this is the way we were meant to eat. 
I no longer have any desire for anything that is not a nutrient dense meat product. 
Food is no longer for pleasure and entertainment but is now for nutrition and health. 

3 hours ago, Geezy said:

As already mentioned, my arthritis and inflammation is gone. 
IBS and Crohn’s disease cured. 
Blood pressure got so low that my cardiologist had to take me off of one of my meds because I had brought it down naturally and the meds were taking it down too low artificially. I’m noticing that my dandruff has cleared up after nearly fifty years. My heart palpitations have reduced greatly. My energy is way up. And I’ve lost 45 pounds. 
I feel better at 67 than I did at 50. 
I will never eat any other way again because I know, without a doubt, that this is the way we were meant to eat. 
I no longer have any desire for anything that is not a nutrient dense meat product. 
Food is no longer for pleasure and entertainment but is now for nutrition and health. 

Amazing, i hope for similar results 🙏 

10 hours ago, Matan1262 said:

Would love tk hear some more experiences with health benefits you guys had when you transitioned to carnivore diet

My blood pressure returned to normal range. I am still taking my meds, but previously needed the meds just to get me a point below 140/90. Now I regulary am under 120/80. 

My ulcerative colitis is gone, which I credit mostly to quitting coffee in 2019. But I no longer have any minor issues or flare-ups anymore.

I am awake and alert and have more energy than before. I used to struggle to stay awake behind the wheel when coming home. I even got in a fender bender once. I don't have this issue anymore.

I am down 45 lbs.