• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

help: sticky poop sticks to bowl for both me and my daughter on carnivore diet: ground beef and eggs.

8 hours ago, Laura said:

Is raw honey carnivore?  Would medicinal herbs be ok?  I use Chinese coptis, and Goldenseal root for intestinal issues, and also green tea. Also, most of the digestive enzymes I use are derived from plants. 

Honey is not from plants so it would be okay. I guess some carnivores use it. I think it will be a fun experiment to see what life is like without the supplements. I take ginger and maca regularly along with a bunch of B vitamins. I think I will drop them all except the lugols iodine. My biggest struggle will be no decaf. I can take black decaf, and sometimes I drink hot water, but decaf is my last entertainment food.

I tried the raw honey, and didn't have good results. Will stick to putting raw green stevia in my Greek yogurt. One of the problems with sugars, is they produce aldehydes in the body, which bad organisms can then ferment into alcohol, which damages the liver, and produces a toxic soup.

I'm with you, Miranda, on reducing supplements.  I've tried to ditch them several times in the past, and felt so bad, I added them back. I think I will try to slowly reduce them.  One concerning thing about dried herbs is the molds.  Who knows how long and how they were stored? 

I tried the raw honey, and didn't have good results. Will stick to putting raw green stevia in my Greek yogurt. One of the problems with sugars, is they produce aldehydes in the body, which bad organisms can then ferment into alcohol, which damages the liver, and produces a toxic soup.

I'm with you, Miranda, on reducing supplements.  I've tried to ditch them several times in the past, and felt so bad, I added them back. I think I will try to slowly reduce them.  One concerning thing about dried herbs is the molds.  Who knows how long and how they were stored? 

On 7/31/2024 at 10:32 PM, Laura said:

Is raw honey carnivore?  Would medicinal herbs be ok?  

Whether raw honey is "carnivore" is a debated topic. It's not *directly* made from plants, although bees use plants to make it. Some call or bee vomit, lol. 

Since I aim to be ketogenic with my diet, this rules out honey most of the time. 

I think the medicinal use of plants is just fine. Almost all medicines are plant derived. 

The "challenge" is just a fun way for us to keep ourselves motivated and to hold each other accountable. 

There were two guys in the gym the other day and they were having a fevered debate over honey. 

One with your argument Bob about 'bees using plants' and the said his pigs used plants to make bacon.

It was a pause as that resonated. LOL

Scott

There were two guys in the gym the other day and they were having a fevered debate over honey. 
One with your argument Bob about 'bees using plants' and the said his pigs used plants to make bacon.
It was a pause as that resonated. LOL

Scott

Ahh but it’s all in how the animal metabolites the plant that matters.
Cows do a much better job of metabolizing plants than pigs do. It’s the ruminants vs the mono gastric.
I personally don’t consider honey as carnivore because it isn’t meat. Just because it comes from an animal doesn’t mean it’s fit to eat. Manure comes to mind.
I won’t judge anyone who uses honey in their diet. It can have medicinal properties but it’s still a sugar and has absolutely no nutritional benefits for my body so I see no need for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/4/2024 at 3:38 PM, Geezy said:

I personally don’t consider honey as carnivore because it isn’t meat. Just because it comes from an animal doesn’t mean it’s fit to eat. Manure comes to mind.

:lol1:

True, lol.

I make a carnivore ice cream on occasion with honey as a sweetener. I actually didn't like it so much, so now I cut it in half with some allulose.