• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Just that...lol   I picked up a few apple fritters from my favorite place today for my mother and my aunt. It's a decent size grocery, but when I pulled in there were only 4 or 5 cars in a parking lot  that usually has 20+? Funny thing was... as I followed an older couple down the aisle towards the donuts I see a young guy turn the corner with a box full.  We continue, and the older couple goes straight to the donuts, which leaves me as first in line. I chuckled a bit as I thought  4 or 5 cars in the parking lot of this large grocery store, and 3 of the occupants of the 4 or 5 are here for donuts!

The longer you are carnivore the more you’ll notice things like that. You’ll start paying attention to what other people put in their carts and you might even be disgusted to think that at one time you were just like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We went to a Harri Teeter to do some meat shopping. My wife was in line at customer service and I pushed our basket to get out of the way of traffic. I landed right beside an end cap donut/sweet cake/muffin display. 

The marketing/strategy guy/gal was spot on because I think over half the carts that came thru the door hit that end cap.

I'm not sure I was disgusted but I did think that use to be me. No craving or anything like that but I did think about how the placement helped make the sale.

Which to me, means a lot of the bad things we ate are just habit and habit-forming.

Scott

I am one of those people with bread, produce, canned goods and a pile of meat in my cart. I do look at the carts of healthy looking people to see if they are carnivore,but haven't found any yet, just people who still have there youth and genetics. I think the UPF should carry warnings like cigarettes, but under the current situation they would likely put the warnings on the red meat rather than the fruit loops.

7 hours ago, Miranda said:

I am one of those people with bread, produce, canned goods and a pile of meat in my cart. I do look at the carts of healthy looking people to see if they are carnivore,but haven't found any yet, just people who still have there youth and genetics. I think the UPF should carry warnings like cigarettes, but under the current situation they would likely put the warnings on the red meat rather than the fruit loops.

Almost 6 years ago I lost a little over 100 lbs. I did this eating the SAD, and what averaged at about 2300 calories per day .  I was going to a place called Weight Management. In my mind this place was only used for support, and I needed it. My doctor there advised.... Try to eat at least 5 cups of fruits and vegetables a day, and he didn't care what else I ate as long as it was under 2500 calories.  When I asked if I should switch from seed oils, artificial sweeteners, and  2% milk to lard, sugar, and whole milk.  He shrugged his shoulders, scrunched up his nose, and shook his head no.  In the end... the reason I stopped going there was because he was leaving, and I didn't care for the only other option left there.  Thing was.... He had a  new gig at the state college teaching others his messed up theory  of nutrition. 

As I read more and more it is sort of strange that two different doctors with the basically the same medical school training can be polar opposite on certain situations. 

I have a friend at work that switched to carnivore when I was about 3-4 weeks in, and 25-30 pounds lost. He quickly started dropping weight. His doctor advised him against the carnivore diet based on the it being an incomplete diet. In turn, he prescribed him one of the ozempics, etc. etc. 

One of the neurologists I see tells me that if they had perfected medicine a long time ago, he could give me some absolutes but since they were still practicing medicine, a lot of the decisions would be on me. One day I would wake up with aches and pains and it could be NMOSD/Devic's as the cause. The next day I could wake up with really similar aches and pains, but it very well could be I was over 50 and over a hundred pounds overweight. 

Scott

9 hours ago, Scott F. said:

As I read more and more it is sort of strange that two different doctors with the basically the same medical school training can be polar opposite on certain situations. 

I have a friend at work that switched to carnivore when I was about 3-4 weeks in, and 25-30 pounds lost. He quickly started dropping weight. His doctor advised him against the carnivore diet based on the it being an incomplete diet. In turn, he prescribed him one of the ozempics, etc. etc. 

One of the neurologists I see tells me that if they had perfected medicine a long time ago, he could give me some absolutes but since they were still practicing medicine, a lot of the decisions would be on me. One day I would wake up with aches and pains and it could be NMOSD/Devic's as the cause. The next day I could wake up with really similar aches and pains, but it very well could be I was over 50 and over a hundred pounds overweight. 

Scott

This is why...

Anyone who has been carnivore and studied nutrition for more that three months probably knows more about proper nutrition than 95% of the doctors out there. They get little to no training in nutrition and are just saying what they are told to say.

9 hours ago, EmilyJohnson said:

No worries, it's totally normal to feel a bit guilty about touching something off-limits, but don't stress too much. Just learn from it and move on!

I was attempting humor. lol  I did same thing yesterday, and grabbed 2 more for someone else while at the store stocking up on fatty burger for $2.49 lb.  I felt no guilt either time as I never intended on eating them. Rather proud of myself for not being bothered about "missing out".

I was attempting humor. lol  I did same thing yesterday, and grabbed 2 more for someone else while at the store stocking up on fatty burger for $2.49 lb.  I felt no guilt either time as I never intended on eating them. Rather proud of myself for not being bothered about "missing out".

Aren’t you scared of the transdermal transference? Good grief man! Those sugars, seed oils and carbs could be coursing through you veins as we speak.

See You Glove GIF by Ansell

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

Aren’t you scared of the transdermal transference? Good grief man! Those sugars, seed oils and carbs could be coursing through you veins as we speak. emoji38.png

9 hours ago, Geezy said:

Aren’t you scared of the transdermal transference? Good grief man! Those sugars, seed oils and carbs could be coursing through you veins as we speak. emoji38.png

I'm sure using my hands to retrieve them from the display cabinet could of caused a bit of that, but hey... I've been living on the edge for 18 days now.