• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Hi all,

Did this diet helped you get rid of sleep apnea?

If so how much time did it take and how did you find out?

What was your diet approach?

My sleep study indicated 32 stops per hour.

Im young and lean.

Im currently sleeping with dental appliance, not cpap.

Ive a devided septum, i had an unsuccessful surgery almost a year ago and because of it I can breath only from one nostril, I understood from the internet and my doctor that a diveded septum should not impact sleep apnea is it true?

Should I do anything in addition to the diet that can help?

I believe it’s helped mine. I’m on a bipap machine after being diagnosed as having moderate to severe apnea. I was having 54 episodes an hour.
After being on carnivore for three months I broke into the admin settings on my machine and reduced both the input and output pressures. Now instead of blowing air in like a gale force wind it’s very gentle, almost like breathing normally. I barely notice it.
Getting into the settings also allows me to see how many episodes I have per hour. Mine are now 0 to 4 per hour on any given night. I believe it’s because of my way of eating and my weight loss.
The next time I see my sleep doctor I plan on taking to him about doing another sleep study and see if I’m good enough to get off of this machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Geezy said:

I believe it’s helped mine. I’m on a bipap machine after being diagnosed as having moderate to severe apnea. I was having 54 episodes an hour.
After being on carnivore for three months I broke into the admin settings on my machine and reduced both the input and output pressures. Now instead of blowing air in like a gale force wind it’s very gentle, almost like breathing normally. I barely notice it.
Getting into the settings also allows me to see how many episodes I have per hour. Mine are now 0 to 4 per hour on any given night. I believe it’s because of my way of eating and my weight loss.
The next time I see my sleep doctor I plan on taking to him about doing another sleep study and see if I’m good enough to get off of this machine.

I forgot to mention that in not over weight, im actually pretty lean and young, there is no more body fat to burn for me.

I want to understand if in my case its still beneficial for it

I can’t speak directly on whether it would help your apnea then but the carnivore way of eating is still the most beneficial way of eating there is.
It’s not a diet for losing weight. Although that is a side benefit.
It’s a metabolically healing diet. Healing through what we eat is the natural and best way.
This is a weight optimization diet in that when you become metabolically healthy your weight will adjust to what is healthiest for you.
I know several thin people, body builders and athletes that are very strict carnivores and they don’t lose weight but either gain or maintain their weight.
Regardless of your build or whether it’ll help your apnea, it’s still the best way to eat in my opinion.
Try it and give it 90 days or longer and see if it helps. Report back and let us know.
Good luck.

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I can’t speak directly on whether it would help your apnea then but the carnivore way of eating is still the most beneficial way of eating there is.
It’s not a diet for losing weight. Although that is a side benefit.
It’s a metabolically healing diet. Healing through what we eat is the natural and best way.
This is a weight optimization diet in that when you become metabolically healthy your weight will adjust to what is healthiest for you.
I know several thin people, body builders and athletes that are very strict carnivores and they don’t lose weight but either gain or maintain their weight.
Regardless of your build or whether it’ll help your apnea, it’s still the best way to eat in my opinion.
Try it and give it 90 days or longer and see if it helps. Report back and let us know.
Good luck.

I will update, thanks, i answered you on different topics could you please take a look?

• 1 month later...

Although I haven't really been tested for apnea, my wife tells me of my episodes of gasping for breath in my sleep. However, she tells me I am sleeping a lot better since I've started my diet so I'll accept that and expect it to improve as time goes on.