• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Does carnivore diet improve overall health?

Absolutely!
For me, IBS cured. Crohn’s disease cured. All inflammation and arthritis is gone. Where as I couldn’t walk a hundred yards without support, I now walk 3 miles briskly with no support. Dandruff is cured. Floaters in my eyes are gone. Blood pressure is normal. Cardiologist has taken me off of one of my medications and is talking about reducing the other. Sleep apnea is so reduced that I may be able to get off of my bipap machine. My flexibility has greatly improved. I was able to clip my own toenails last week for the first time in ten years or so.
I’ve lost 46 pounds and 26 inches overall.
I’m. 67 but feel 47 so yeah, I’ve seen not only benefits but just outright miracles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, Geezy said:

I’ve seen not only benefits but just outright miracles.

That's an impressive list of improvements, Geoff. I'm really happy for you.

On 11/18/2023 at 4:25 AM, Debashis said:

Have you experienced it yourself?

Yes indeed. I have lost 50 pounds, lost all my skin tags, lowered my blood pressure, possibly cured ulcerative colitis, and have more energy and overall feel better than I have in decades. I used to have an issue with falling asleep behind the wheel on my way home from work. I routinely would make it almost home, and have to pull into a parking lot, lock the door, and pass out for 30 minutes, and then resume my drive. That never happens anymore, thank God!

I have not been all-carnivore diet, therefore, I have no personal experience in this regard. However, I have experienced the positive benefits of eating meat when you combine it with a vegetarian diet. For example, when you eat fried chicken with a lot of salad, you will not only get a lot of protein but also a lot of fiber. If you want to eat a carnivore diet avoid processed meat.

4 hours ago, Nomad said:

However, I have experienced the positive benefits of eating meat when you combine it with a vegetarian diet. For example, when you eat fried chicken with a lot of salad, you will not only get a lot of protein but also a lot of fiber.

This would basically be Keto, which we do approve of here. Before I went mostly carnivore, I ate a lot of salads and always had a low carb side vegetable with my meat. 

I'm not a dogmatic carnivore so I'm personally not averse to vegetables, or even certain fruits for that matter, depending on one's current metabolic health. As Dr. Berry would say, a Proper Human Diet is a spectrum, from low carb, to keto, to ketovore, to carnivore. You just have to find out where on the spectrum you fit. And sometimes, your DNA, genetics, and heritage will play a role in this too.