• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Summer for me. I come from south Texas and grew up without air conditioning so I can tolerate the heat better than most but cold I absolutely hate. On top of that, since being a carnivore I’ve lost so much fat that I’m getting even more chilled that normal.
As far as I’m concerned the only thing cold weather is good for is hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have lived in Florida for over 63 years. Prior to that I lived just north of Chicago. I have experienced both, hot-humid summers of Florida and cold, bitter snow-covered winters of Illinois.

As far as preferring one season over the other - All I will offer is what my daughter says - it's not that it never gets cold in Florida but, at least we don't have to shovel the cold away to get out of the house.

I'm in Ohio. It's below freezing. There is snow on the ground. It sucks! lol.

I will take 90 degrees, the hot sun, and my backyard pool over this hibernation weather every time.

I will take 90 degrees, the hot sun, and my backyard pool over this hibernation weather every time.

My father and mother were from Toledo and when dad was retiring from the military he was asked if he was going to go back to Toledo and he he said no way in hell was he going to ever spend another winter in Ohio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Dad was from southern Colorado. Where they lived it, it was between 7500 ft and 9000 ft - depending on if they were in the upper place (summer) or lower place (winter). Bother homes were log cabins with wood stove and an outhouse.

He spent 20 years in the US Navy. When he retired, we were living just north of Chicago. We moved to Florida since he was tired of living in the snow. I have been here for 63+ years and have no intention to move to a colder climate.

Edited by Qapla

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/28/2023 at 11:58 PM, Bob said:

I agree with you that the sun is more accommodating than what we have with the winter period where the snow can keep you indoors against your will. So, I have seen a couple of friends wish to experience summer all year long.