• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

9 hours ago, Angela Little said:

How do you cook yours, they are always on sale but I don’t know how to cook them 😬

During the summer - on the grille. 

But during the cold months, I will set the oven to Broil - High. I will also turn a stovetop burner on High and get it heating up with some butter, tallow, or ghee in the pan. I will salt and season both sides and place it in the pan in the hot melted fat and sear one side for 4 minutes. Then I will flip it over and place the whole pan on the top rack of the oven and let it Broil for another 6 minutes. This usually comes out medium, or slightly medium rare if the steak is a thick one. If you like it more done, add a minute to the Broiler step.

I had taco flavored beef last night with Egg Life wraps and cheese. I made extra and I also bought a microwave to ride around in my work truck so I can enjoy warmed up leftovers at lunch. I was getting bored of the same cold things every day 🙂

On 2/25/2024 at 11:37 AM, Geezy said:

Brisket. Slow smoked for 17 hours.

Nice. I want to make a brisket. There's a precooked one at Sam's but it's pricey and I want to be more authentic than that, lol. 

Nice. I want to make a brisket. There's a precooked one at Sam's but it's pricey and I want to be more authentic than that, lol. 
Alot of patience. I do not have that quality so the last one i smoked was inedible.

Now whole chickens in the smoker i can do those well

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, atlsrt44 said:

Alot of patience. I do not have that quality so the last one i smoked was inedible.

Now whole chickens in the smoker i can do those well

My wife bought this electric smoker a few years ago, and a couple times over the summer she will hook it up and make some pulled pork that is very delicious. I may have to defer to her expertise with the smoker. I'm the grill master, but that is her department, lol.

I can guarantee that precooked won’t be worth eating compared to eating your own.
I posted my recipe over on my thread on the Mighty Tribe.
If you follow my instructions you should be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Geezy said:

I posted my recipe over on my thread on the Mighty Tribe.
If you follow my instructions you should be good to go.

This reminds me that we really need to open up a Recipe section here. I've had that on the back burner for way too long.

Busy, busy day today. Didn’t get around to eating until 5:00pm. One of the beauties of our WOE is the ability to just not let hunger overwhelm you.
So, just a quick meal of some leftover brisket and pork butt.
c20d1d8546ef92b24b5b3ce3b36ec06d.jpg

Busy, busy day today. Didn’t get around to eating until 5:00pm. One of the beauties of our WOE is the ability to just not let hunger overwhelm you.
So, just a quick meal of some leftover brisket and pork butt.
c20d1d8546ef92b24b5b3ce3b36ec06d.jpg

Man i eat 3 meals a day. If i miss one im hungry. Im a big boy though too.

Lat night I had a 1/2 wagyu burger with pepper jack cheese, tsatziki sauce, and made my own bun using the chaffle recipe but without the waffle maker. Each bun was 2 eggs and 1/2 cup of cheese. I used a bowl like a cookie cutter to get the perfectly round shape, and tossed the trimmings and the other 1/2 pound of meat in a dish to take to lunch today.

This thing was a tank! Very filling!

20240227_191104.jpg

Man i eat 3 meals a day. If i miss one im hungry. Im a big boy though too.

I just naturally progressed to eating OMAD. I only eat when I’m hungry. I tried to force myself to eat 2MAD, but I just felt better on OMAD. When I eat a large meal with plenty of fat until I’m full then I stay satiated for a long time. Even if I do get a little hungry and I feel like it’s just too early in the day I find it real easy to ignore because my hunger signals since becoming carnivore have completely changed. I don’t get this ravenous hunger that says feed me now. Instead I get a little empty feeling that just doesn’t bother me.

Lat night I had a 1/2 wagyu burger with pepper jack cheese, tsatziki sauce, and made my own bun using the chaffle recipe but without the waffle maker. Each bun was 2 eggs and 1/2 cup of cheese. I used a bowl like a cookie cutter to get the perfectly round shape, and tossed the trimmings and the other 1/2 pound of meat in a dish to take to lunch today.
This thing was a tank! Very filling!
20240227_191104.thumb.jpg.394f3d59f95324a876c46215f2c3200d.jpg

I like that idea Bob.