• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

It's been 50 days since I started carnivore.
As time goes by I have more appetite and eat more.
I started with 750g a day, and now I eat daily 1kg which is the base but it can go up to 1.5kg.

My urine is almost always yellow, I was drinking a good amount of water each day before I started, as well as now.
In the morning I go for a walk with my dog in the woods with 1.5 liters and during the day I believe I drink 2 more liters or more.
I don't understand why my urine is yellow, it's a bit worrying... 

I’ve never know yellow to be abnormal or a sign of dehydration.
It all depends on the shade of yellow it is.
Is this something new since going carnivore? If so then I wonder if it could be that your body is expelling toxins.
I drink a lot of water throughout the day and the color of my urine will vary with every time I go.
As long as it’s not orange or brown I’m not concerned.
fb686194f37bb3c983a3bb86da466aa2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Geezy said:

I’ve never know yellow to be abnormal or a sign of dehydration.
It all depends on the shade of yellow it is.
Is this something new since going carnivore? If so then I wonder if it could be that your body is expelling toxins.
I drink a lot of water throughout the day and the color of my urine will vary with every time I go.
As long as it’s not orange or brown I’m not concerned.
fb686194f37bb3c983a3bb86da466aa2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same amounts of water before carnivore and my piss was clear, ive noticed it is more yellow the more meat I eat

13 hours ago, Matan1262 said:

ive noticed it is more yellow the more meat I eat

This is probably due to an excess of B vitamins, such as riboflavin (B-2) and cobalamin (B-12), which will cause your urine to yellow. But anything on the yellow scale is considered normal. 

If you do any intermittent or extended fasting, you will probably notice less yellow during your long periods of not eating, whereas you will notice more yellow in the hours after a big fat carnivore meal.

It doesn't sound like you could be dehydrated at all.