• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an carnviore-centric ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Exactly a month into carnivore diet. Went from 148lbs to 142lbs. Leaned out a bit. Learned so much about my habits and processed foods and life without them. I will continue this another month, though I like the idea of dirty carnivore/ketovore/paleovore. But for now I'll add another 30 days of carnivore and see where I land. 

Have a good 2024. 

Happy New Year to you also.
Your off to a great start.
When I started I made a commitment for 30 days as well. I saw enough improvement that I decided to see what would happen after 60 days. That’s when the miracles started happening for me. After 60 days I was excited to go another 30 days and then after being a carnivore for a full 90 days I felt so good and so many issues were cured or helped that I knew that this was the way man was meant to eat and I also knew that this wasn’t just a diet but rather a lifestyle of eating that I will never stray from. It gives me so much freedom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Orweller said:

though I like the idea of dirty carnivore/ketovore/paleovore. But for now I'll add another 30 days of carnivore and see where I land

I did pure unadulterated carnivore in May, June, and July. In August my apple tree was ripe and so I would pick from it. These apples are small. Since then, I call myself 97% carnivore. I will occasionally "cheat" with some lettuce, or a piece of fruit, but that's very rare. My personal beliefs towards what constitutes a natural human diet is basically a marriage between the carnivore end of Dr. Ken Berry's Proper Human Diet, and the animal centric end of Paul Saladino's Animal-Based Diet.

Ken will say that humans are naturally a low carbohydrate mammal. He says the Proper Human Diet is a spectrum, from 0 carb carnivore all the way up to 100g of carbs daily (depending on your genetics) of low carbohydrate veg, nuts, or berries. He will discourage fruit and honey. Paul Saladino on the other hand says there is no limit to fruit and honey, and will even recommend a person eats a minimum of 150g of carbs or more per day in those forms. He himself is pounding down 350 carbs or more of fruit and honey a day along with his muscle meat and organs.

I think they are both on to something. I agree with Ken that humans are a low carbohydrate mammal that should stay under 100g a day at the most. I also agree with Paul in that fruit is not going to kill you, whereas vegetables - specifically leaves, stems, and seeds - will try.

The two of them are targeting 2 different audiences. Dr. Ken Berry's target audience is those trying to lose weight and reverse diabetes. This requires the keto/ketovore/carnivoire approach. Paul Saladino speaks to those who are already metabolically healthy, without weight or disease issues. They both will speak against grains, seed oils, and processed sugars, but Ken Berry will go a step further and discourage fructose in fruits as well, but will admit he has a pear tree that he will attack at the end of summer himself (Dr. Robert Kiltz is a carnivore doctor but will confess to occasionally enjoying french fries, lol).

So to summarize, I believe we should be eating meat and animal products the most - muscle meat, organs, cream, cheese, butter, and maybe some milk, and some occasional plucked or picked fruitage is fine too (and "fruitage" can include certain vegetables too). I think humans have ate seasonal fruitage all along, for even though our digestive tract and PH balance resembles that of other carnivores, we do have a cecum. The key here, though, is "seasonal", as they were only available in the harvest season. 

13 hours ago, Bob said:

I did pure unadulterated carnivore in May, June, and July. In August my apple tree was ripe and so I would pick from it. These apples are small. Since then, I call myself 97% carnivore. I will occasionally "cheat" with some lettuce, or a piece of fruit, but that's very rare. My personal beliefs towards what constitutes a natural human diet is basically a marriage between the carnivore end of Dr. Ken Berry's Proper Human Diet, and the animal centric end of Paul Saladino's Animal-Based Diet.

Ken will say that humans are naturally a low carbohydrate mammal. He says the Proper Human Diet is a spectrum, from 0 carb carnivore all the way up to 100g of carbs daily (depending on your genetics) of low carbohydrate veg, nuts, or berries. He will discourage fruit and honey. Paul Saladino on the other hand says there is no limit to fruit and honey, and will even recommend a person eats a minimum of 150g of carbs or more per day in those forms. He himself is pounding down 350 carbs or more of fruit and honey a day along with his muscle meat and organs.

I think they are both on to something. I agree with Ken that humans are a low carbohydrate mammal that should stay under 100g a day at the most. I also agree with Paul in that fruit is not going to kill you, whereas vegetables - specifically leaves, stems, and seeds - will try.

The two of them are targeting 2 different audiences. Dr. Ken Berry's target audience is those trying to lose weight and reverse diabetes. This requires the keto/ketovore/carnivoire approach. Paul Saladino speaks to those who are already metabolically healthy, without weight or disease issues. They both will speak against grains, seed oils, and processed sugars, but Ken Berry will go a step further and discourage fructose in fruits as well, but will admit he has a pear tree that he will attack at the end of summer himself (Dr. Robert Kiltz is a carnivore doctor but will confess to occasionally enjoying french fries, lol).

So to summarize, I believe we should be eating meat and animal products the most - muscle meat, organs, cream, cheese, butter, and maybe some milk, and some occasional plucked or picked fruitage is fine too (and "fruitage" can include certain vegetables too). I think humans have ate seasonal fruitage all along, for even though our digestive tract and PH balance resembles that of other carnivores, we do have a cecum. The key here, though, is "seasonal", as they were only available in the harvest season. 

Yes, the two different perspectives of the two doctors do not contradict one another. I think 80 percent meat, 10 percent egg or dairy, and 10%: eat a carrot, or a stem of broccoli, half an apple, some garlic, etc as they are really good foods. Unless of course we're dealing with auto immune response, or unless we're attempting to roll back that insulin resistance; that would be for each of us, specific. 

I do still use myfitnesspal as it gives me a lot of insight. Not only for my eight, but also my macros. 

I’m of the opinion and of course everyone is different on foods and carnivore, but I don’t eat anything that doesn’t provide nutrition for my body except seasonings. I just don’t see the point. If it has no nutritional value then it isn’t needed for me. I can get all I need from fat, protein, salt/minerals and water. Everything else is just a desire of the mouth and psyche not the body.
Exception to my rule would be my one cup of bulletproof tea in the morning but that is all about that little caffeine jump in the morning. I’ve been tempted to just try a bulletproof water and see if I have a caffeine addiction or just a habit of wanting to start the day with a warm cup of liquid.

I had to quite coffee because it stirred up my ulcerative colitis. I drink tea now.

My friend did the same for his Chrohn's. But he does boil water and drinks just hot water in the morning. It satisfies his desire for a hot drink when he wakes up.

I had to quite coffee because it stirred up my ulcerative colitis. I drink tea now.
My friend did the same for his Chrohn's. But he does boil water and drinks just hot water in the morning. It satisfies his desire for a hot drink when he wakes up.

That cool! Glad to hear it works. I also thought of trying some bone broth so it would also be nutritious.

10 hours ago, Bob said:

My father to quit drinking coffee as a result of this same ulcerative colitis. Even though he doesn't have any Chrohn's disease, he does like taking hot water in the morning. 

16 hours ago, Geezy said:

I’m of the opinion and of course everyone is different on foods and carnivore, but I don’t eat anything that doesn’t provide nutrition for my body except seasonings. I just don’t see the point. If it has no nutritional value then it isn’t needed for me. I can get all I need from fat, protein, salt/minerals and water. Everything else is just a desire of the mouth and psyche not the body.
Exception to my rule would be my one cup of bulletproof tea in the morning but that is all about that little caffeine jump in the morning. I’ve been tempted to just try a bulletproof water and see if I have a caffeine addiction or just a habit of wanting to start the day with a warm cup of liquid.

I have my coffee. We need that one vice. Makes no sense to worry about it. Carnivore is restrictive enough. Think of all the junk you're not eating. I do limit my intake no more than 3 cups. And I think that's well within the range of health guidelines.