• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

Some people use steroids to help build muscles. Is this a good idea? Why or why not?

Absolutely not! That is only a shortcut used by vain people that endangers their health.
I used to be a bit of a gym rat and had several bodybuilder friends. Great guys for the most part but all of them were vain or insecure and sometimes both.
One of those bodybuilders was a very good friend and i helped introduce him to the cowboy life. He became a good hand but the insecurities and vanity was strong in him. When he competed he was freakin huge and very heavy into the roids. He wasn’t using any kind of back alley stuff either. Is was coming from a doctor.
The last ten years of his life he suffered from intestinal issues that the doctors couldn’t figure out and were thinking it might be Crohn’s or something similar. They eventually found spots or tumors on his liver. No treatments helped and they weren’t able to do a transplant because of his condition.
He was 55 when he died.
There is no proof that it was the steroids that shortened his life but I’d be willing to bet that it was a contributing factor.
Stay away from anything that isn’t natural.
Look into Natural Bodybuilding, it’s the best way. No shortcuts just nutrition and hard work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steroids are illegal for a reason. 

Some are toxic to the liver, others cause erectile disfunction. Some deplete your HDL levels, and others are so dangerous they don't even use them in livestock anymore.

Be ye not deceived. Body building does not equate to good health.

• 1 month later...

Not even the case with being vein or insecure. I've don't juice with amazing results normal and extended pannels where great. Gained 60 pounds total 45 straight muscle. I have body dismorphia and always struggled with looking too small spent way too much time in the gym lifting 3 hours a day for 6 years gained 15 pounds. 

With ED and issues that happens when you cycle off or don't know what your doing to control your hormones coming down. If done correctly and monitored by a doc you will only see benefits. People get into trouble when they think more is better or go back to back cycles or stay on all the time. Abuse with anything causes damage.

Do research don't judge. 

I think everyone should make that choice on their own. Not even that much against it. But realize it is a choice you can only make once, and you'll live with the consequences. You'll be a medicated person for the rest of your life. That and small nuts. Can you live with small nuts? 

my wife said I don't use your nuts I need the other thing lol. 

They arnt much smaller than normal only the man would know.  But yes if you dont do it how you are supposed to do deff can ruin yourself and say hello to testosterone for your whole life. can't argue that. 

do the research learn how to do it right dont abuse it. quite simple 

9 hours ago, ImCharlieBruh said:

oh yeah done correctly the nuts go back to normal as well for anyone concerned about the change in like 5mm circumference 🙂 I can vouch for that

I'll remember that when I'm tempted to use them! I'll use it as a selling point to my wife lol. 

9 hours ago, ImCharlieBruh said:

my wife said I don't use your nuts I need the other thing lol. 

They arnt much smaller than normal only the man would know.  But yes if you dont do it how you are supposed to do deff can ruin yourself and say hello to testosterone for your whole life. can't argue that. 

do the research learn how to do it right dont abuse it. quite simple 

Absolutely, if you get your bloodwork done and commit to post cycle therapy, etc. Again I have absolutely nothing against the use. If women can go and get a BBL, then we should have our option open as well. 

Yeah I was just trying to dispell some myths .I actually conceived both our children on juice which was crazy. The way I see it is having enough test is better than not having enough considering sex hormones play a massive role all metabolic function. I think alot of the misinformation is from people that don't want you to feel good or don't know any better lol

I just want to interject and say that my response above related to the illegal use of steroids. If it's legal in your area and you have the benefit of working with a doctor, whatever kind of drugs or therapies you want to try is a personal choice indeed.

On 4/1/2024 at 6:47 PM, Orweller said:

That and small nuts. Can you live with small nuts?

On 4/1/2024 at 9:56 PM, ImCharlieBruh said:

my wife said I don't use your nuts I need the other thing lol

This reminds me of a comedian I saw, oh, probably back in the 90's. One of his humorous skits was about body building - and the comment/joke that stuck with me is that you can make every part of your body bigger, except one. And in turn, it makes that one look smaller, lol.