• Welcome to our Carnivore / Ketovore / Keto Online Community!

Welcome to Carnivore Talk! An online community of people who have discovered the benefits of an animal-based ketogenic diet with the goal of losing weight, optimizing their health, and supporting and encouraging one another. We warmly welcome you! [Read More]

New to carnivore and struggling...feeling sick

Hi all,

I was hoping for some advice please.

I am only 4 days into my carnivore diet and I am really struggling. The feeling of nausea is so bad that I can't even face the thought of eating today.

In my normal life l, the thought of a steak would have me salivating, but not today 😞

My normal life was super high carbs, lots of junk food, fast food, etc...so I expected the transition to be hard, but I am surprised by how ill I feel.

any hints or tips on how to keep on track? Any food hacks that might help?  

thanks

Steve

So you can either slow roll cut out process carbs and sugars in general and get down to just meat. Only eat when you are real hungry. wait till your body tells you you are hungry and see if it goes away. 

I'm down to eating a huge meal every 36 hours tbh. Might be too much of a shock on the body unnecessary strain.  Sounds to me like your forcing your body to eat. I'd wait till your salivating for your next steak. That's how I do it

You are going through withdrawals. Just like an alcoholic or a junkie. You are addicted to carbohydrates. You can either quit cold turkey and deal with it like I did or you can reintroduce some low glycemic carbs and wean yourself of slowly.
The nice word for it is keto flu. It may last for just a few days or even a whole month. The only thing I really experienced was diarrhea as my gut biome changed over and that lasted a month.
Lots of videos that talk about the withdrawals and how to deal with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

You are going through withdrawals. Just like an alcoholic or a junkie. You are addicted to carbohydrates. You can either quit cold turkey and deal with it like I did or you can reintroduce some low glycemic carbs and wean yourself of slowly.
The nice word for it is keto flu. It may last for just a few days or even a whole month. The only thing I really experienced was diarrhea as my gut biome changed over and that lasted a month.
Lots of videos that talk about the withdrawals and how to deal with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This right here. You're coming off the sugar high, a dopamine crash, blood sugar level changes, etc. So much things going on physiologically, ie. hormonal, chemical, etc. 

Most people go low carb first, and maybe even keto, then carnivore. 

I went straight into it, but I was already a fairly clean eater.   

speaking of which I just bought some potassium at Walmart which was potassium glyconate. 

I'll just crush it up into powder.  since my mag is already powder. add my salt bam unlimited hydration on the cheap. you want flavor add essential oil. I love frankensense oil and cinnamon and some citrus.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2024 at 8:45 AM, carlinsleap said:

Hi all,

I was hoping for some advice please.

I am only 4 days into my carnivore diet and I am really struggling. The feeling of nausea is so bad that I can't even face the thought of eating today.

In my normal life l, the thought of a steak would have me salivating, but not today 😞

My normal life was super high carbs, lots of junk food, fast food, etc...so I expected the transition to be hard, but I am surprised by how ill I feel.

any hints or tips on how to keep on track? Any food hacks that might help?  

thanks

Steve

I am not over 5 months eating a Carnivore diet. The only thing that i felt was some heart palpitations after the initial 6 weeks and only went to the bathroom 2-3 a week. Eating more fat will help but no tfix any problem. This diet is not magical. It my experience, it is just a way ot restricnting caloires with the most satitaing food - meat. 
Good luck , you are not the only one who struggles with this way of eating. 
If it continues, sick a doctor

2 hours ago, Andre said:

I am not over 5 months eating a Carnivore diet. The only thing that i felt was some heart palpitations after the initial 6 weeks and only went to the bathroom 2-3 a week. Eating more fat will help but no tfix any problem. This diet is not magical. It my experience, it is just a way ot restricnting caloires with the most satitaing food - meat. 
Good luck , you are not the only one who struggles with this way of eating. 
If it continues, sick a doctor

if you're not hungry don't eat. You shouldn't even be thinking about food or trying to eat if your nauseous. Your body will tell you when to eat. my first two big meals I went 36 hours before I was dying for another steak. shoving fat and protein down your throat when your body is learning how to digest it again isnt the answer. You will most definitely throw it up .